Chapter 27

We were in the car for about 20 minutes.  Neither of us said anything.  I was mostly playing with my camera around my neck while Ashley was staring at the road.  I ended up looking at the road and realized we were going to the beach.  Now I was the one to be confused.  I had no idea why we would be at the beach.

She found parking and turned off the car.  She just sat there looking out into the beach.  There was barely anyone there considering everyone was at school or work.  The beach was my favorite place to go.  I loved hearing the sounds of the waves.  I loved the feeling of the wind in my hair and how the sand felt against my feet.

She sighed and then looked over at me.  I still wouldn't make eye contact with her.  She then opened her mouth and said "You want to go for a walk?"  I slowly nodded my head.  She then opened her door and stepped out.  I opened my door as well and stepped out.  She was sitting on the hood of her car.  I couldn't help but take my camera out and take a picture of her like that with her looking out into the ocean with her arms behind her on the hood of the car. 

I turned my camera off again and left it around my neck.  I then walked over to the hood of her car.  She ushered her arm to walk with her and she then started to walk forward.  I started walking too and when we got close to the sand she stopped and took off her shoes and socks.  I did the same and carried it in my hands as she did the same.  We started walking side by side and she put her arm around my shoulder forgetting about the huge bruise.  She took her arm off after I winced.  She apologized quickly and we continued to walk.

We got a little closer to the water and then she sat down and I sat down as well.  I laid my head on her shoulder and we both looked out to the sea.  After sitting out like that for about 20 minutes she spoke up.  "So you want to tell me what happened to your shoulder?"  I sighed and then she continued before I could say anything.  "You know to tell me when your ready right?"  I nodded my head against her shoulder. 

I was quite again having an argument with myself.  I don't understand why I couldn't get myself to say it.  She is my best friend, all she wants is what's best for me.  But at the same time I know she is going to be extremely pissed at my dad and mom.  I am afraid that she is going to try to do something and get hurt.  I decided to just suck it up and tell her until I turned to my right and saw my parents walking towards me with a very pissed off look.