Chapter 28

I shot up and Ashley noticed me tense up and stood up as well.  She looked where I was looking and then went wide eyed.  My parents were getting closer and I had no idea what I was going to do.  I don't even know how they found me.  I was hoping I didn't have to run into them. 

I stood there frozen in place until they were right in front of me.  My dad walked straight up to me and grabbed my bruised shoulder hard.  My mom said nothing because she looked just as pissed off as my dad did.  He started to pull me in the direction I figured where they parked.  I started to cry because the pain was so bad. 

Ashley ran over and stood in front of my parents.  I thought to myself God this isn't going to end well.  I wish she would have stayed there I don't want her to get hurt.  I was snapped out of my thoughts when my dad said "Get out of the way this is none of your business."  You could see the fury in my dad's eyes.  My mom was just getting more frustrated. 

I looked at Ashley and she said "This is my business because she is my best friend technically my sister."  My mom stepped up and said "Ashley don't get involved in something you don't want just because of her."  My mom pointed at me.  I looked up at Ashley with a pleading look.  I really didn't want her to get involved.  She looked at me with sad eyes.  It's like she knew what I was telling her without having to talk to her.

She looked at me giving me sad but worried eyes.  I looked at her with my pleading eyes she looked down and stepped to the side.  I could tell it hurt her to move.  My dad shoved me again and made me walk.  His hand was still on my shoulder.  When I went to look back at Ashley he would grip my shoulder even harder.  To make me not look back.  That made me cry in pain.  When we made it to the car and he threw me in the back seat.  I thought it was worse now I had no idea what was going to happen when we got home.