Chapter 20

I saw my dad looking at me from the table and my heart dropped. Luckily it wasn't a mad stare but it wasn't good either. I made my way to the table looking down at the floor. I sat in my usual seat at the edge of the table and I stared at my hands.

It was quite for a bit before my mom brought the food over to the table. I got what I wanted from the plates and we all started eating. No one said anything the whole time. It was so quite you could hear our clock ticking. My dad cleared his throat and I look up... bad idea. When I look up my mom and dad were looking at me.

It was clear that they were thinking about Friday. Then my dad says "So what do you want to say to us Sam, you can't avoid the fact that you talked back to both of us." I looked back down at my hands that were now sweating. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. I could tell my parents were getting angry.

My dad hit the table making me jump. My mom said "Why aren't you saying anything you already know that we haven't forgotten about that." I said "I know but dad should have known that Ashley had nothing to do with my grades." I said quietly. Now my dad was really mad and my mom wasn't helping.

My dad took a deep breath and said "She is in pretty much all your classes and she is always around and I don't know what happens at school." Now he was raising his voice. Honestly at this point I was just pissed off. How dare he think my best friend had anything to do with my grades. He should be happy that I am even passing my classes. My dad furrowed his eyebrows and opened his mouth to say something.