Chapter 29

Once we got in the driveway my mom went straight for the house door, my dad got out and opened my door.  He grabbed my shoulder and pulled me out.  I ended up tripping and falling on the driveway.  My dad yelled at me "GET UP!"

When he realized I didn't want to stand, he grabbed both of my arms and lifted me to make me stand.  My mom had the front door open waiting for me to be shoved inside.  My mom closed the door and I found myself in the kitchen leaning against the island.  Both of my parents were in front of me staring at me like they wanted to kill me.  My mom was the first to speak "I KNEW SHE WAS A BAD INFLUENCE YOU DIDN'T EVEN GO TO SCHOOL TODAY AND WE CAUGHT YOU AT THE BEACH AT LUNCH ARE YOU KIDDING ME!"

Then my dad chimes in "HOW DARE YOU SKIP SCHOOL TO HANG OUT WITH YOUR "FRIEND!"  My dad used quotations with his fingers when he said friend.  I was in to much pain to answer to either of them.  My shoulder was pulsing from the pain and wouldn't let me focus. 

My dad speaks up again "ARE YOU REALLY NOT GOING TO SAY ANYTHING!"  Obviously he is too angry to see that I am in pain.  Then I say barely audible "How did you even find me?"  apparently my mom heard me and said "WE ARE YOUR PARENTS YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM US!"  Then I said again "How did you know?"  This time a bit louder so my dad could hear as well so I continued "How did you know that I skipped?"  My dad answered this time and said "We got a call that you missed class and after that we both left work and here we are!"  His voice was raised.

I didn't say anything after that, I had completely forgotten that they call your parents saying you skipped.  My dad spoke again with a harsh tone "You will not being seeing this girl again."  My mom nodded her head as well. I both looked at them like they were crazy.  I said "You can't make me not see her again."  I had completely forgotten about the pain coming off my shoulder by that point. 

My mom spoke up "You listen to your father you will not see her again whether you like it or not."  I said "You both know I have mostly all my classes with her right, you can't keep us away even if you wanted to."  My dad balled his fists and took me by the arm and dragged me up to my room and threw me on the floor.  Instead of slamming the door and leaving, this time he stood over me.

He pointed down at me and said "AS LONG AS YOU ARE AT THIS HOUSE YOU WILL NOT SPEAK TO HER AND YOU WILL NOT SEE HER AFTER SCHOOL HOURS EVER!"  With that said he turned around and slammed my door causing one of my picture frames to fall and shatter.  I got up and locked my door then fell back against the door and cried.