01

[1975]

     Eddie couldn't take it anymore, sleepless nights thinking about his friends. But mostly Richie, just thinking about his name made Eddie smile a bit. He loved Richie so much, if he had a choice he would have never left Derry. He would've never left Richie. Eddie's mother dragged him out to Long Beach, California to keep him away from his "hooligan" friends. But really just Richie, she could tell Eddie was gay. And by God she would NEVER let her son date another boy.

Well she's dead now so Eddie could do what ever the hell he wanted. And that's what he did, he bought a plane ticket to Derry, Maine to finally see him again. As he settled into his seat he pulled out his inhaler from his pocket, put it in his mouth and triggered it. He's never been so anxious in his life, even though he was just going to see his friends he was still nervous.

   ~

Eddie had finally fell asleep on the plane. After hours and hours of almost panicking and thinking about Richie, he was at peace. Images of happy memories with his friends flooded his mind. All of a sudden he was hugging Richie, right in front of his car. Which was all packed up, his mother was waiting in the car giving Richie the death stare.

"Do you have to go?" Eddie could hear the tears that Richie was trying to hold back as they hugged tightly.

"I don't want to, but I have to.." just as Eddie was starting to let go of Richie he noticed something a far ways behind Richie. A red ballon, it was floating towards them. As it got closer Eddie could see something written on it. A few seconds later the ballon was right in front of his face, it said "I ♡ DERRY" in a big bold white font.
Eddie furrowed his brow while letting go of Richie. Just then the ballon popped and everything disapered. Everything was pitch black the only light was shining on something in front of Eddie, a little bit higher than his head.

Eddie looked up and say Richie swinging from the ceiling with a rope around his neck. His neck was purple and bruised as if he'd been there for a while.

"No..." Eddie said to himself very hushed. "not my Richie" he was holding back to tears. Staring up at Richie he couldn't take it anymore and tried to take him down from the ceiling. Right as he started to try and take Richie down he woke up gasping for air. He grabbed his inhaler and triggered it.

Eddie couldn't wait to go home.