23

Bev's POV:

[1976]

I knew what they did, I knew they killed him. They aren't the slyest people, they're the complete opposite actually. When we went back inside, Steph didn't seem to care. I don't think she really noticed, I guess she over heard and believed Eddie. I turned on the TV for Stephanie and walked into the bathroom. I sat in the bathtub, not sure if I wanted to cry or just stare at the ceiling.

The person who stole my naive heart, the one I married, gave my heart and soul, the one who gave me the most amazing gift in the world, the one who hurt me. They're gone now, I thought about all the good times we had together. When we proposed to me, I smiled at that thought.
~~~
[1969]

The silver moon shined on the cold clear water. The wind blew sending a chill down my spine, I huddled into his worn down red and white letterman jacket. He smiled and put his arm around me, "I'm sorry it's so cold, but I wanted to make it special,"

I shivered and smiled,"don't worry you aren't in control of the weather. But tonight was wonderful, it already is special. Everyday that I spend with you is special," He chuckled and kissed my forehead. "Well I hope it's about to get a little bit more special," I looked at him confused as he got up and reached into his pocket.

He pulled out a small box and got down on one knee. I was about to cry as he spoke,"Beverly Marsh, everyday with you is a new adventure that I wish would never end. So will you make that possible and marry me?" I nodded and between sobs said "yes!" He slid the ring onto my finger. We both stood up and hugged each other, he lifted me up and spun me around. It was like something you'd see straight out of a movie.
~~~
[1976]

I opened my eyes and wiped away the tears streaming down my face. Every adventure we had together was now gone. I cried for what seemed like forever, I loved him so much. I don't care if he hurt me, I loved him! David meant so much to me, I hated him sometimes, a lot of the time actually. But before we moved back to Derry, he was a sweet, loving, spontaneous person.

I miss our adventures and all the times when we'd just get in the car and drive. No destination, just enjoying life. It's all gone now, I'm sorry for everything I did.
~~~
I wiped away my tears and walked out of the bathroom. Stephanie was still watching TV "hi mommy!" She ran up to me and hugged my leg. I picked her up and hugged her. I looked at her face and all I saw was David, his true soul in her eyes. I smiled and sat on the couch, we lied down and fell asleep. Life without David is going to be hard, but Stephanie will make it easier somehow, I just know.

~~~
A/N: THE FLUFF IS REAL. (If y'all were paying attention you probably noticed something really important. Wink wink nudge nudge)