19

Eddie's POV:

[1975]

I sat in the hospital lobby, hospitals always made me worry. They're supposed to be the cleanest place but when sick and dying people are here daily, it could never be clean. No matter how much bleach you use, they still smell like death. I looked down at the shinny white marbled tile, it's fake clean. It looks clean but all the germs and bacteria left behind disgusted me, I didn't even want to put my shoes on this ground. I just wanted to take Richie and go home. We'd sit on the couch and eat ice cream and talk or watch a movie. I'd cuddle up next to him and lay my head on his chest, his heart beat would cancel out the TV and I'd smile. He'd mess with my hair and say some dumb pick up line and I'd blush and laugh.

My eyes start to well with tears at the thought of that never happening. I just want to hold his hand again, even if it's the last thing we do together. I just want to see his hand in mine, I just want to hear his voice one more time. That's all I want, I'd sell everything I own just for one moment with him. I wiped away the tear that started rolling down my face with my sleeve.

A couple a minutes later Bill and Stan rushed over to me. I stood up and they both hugged me tightly. I felt like I was being suffocated, when they let go of course the first thing Bill says is,
" W-w-what happe-ned?" My eyes started to well up again but I blinked the tears away.

"I went to his house wanting to apologize for being such a dickhead. I rang the doorbell so I found a spare key and opened the door. He wasn't down stairs so I walked upstairs, and there he was. In the bathroom lying there i-in-, " Stan cut me off by hugging me. Although Bill and Stan were with me, I still felt alone.

~~~

About 4 hours later, we were allowed to see Richie again. Bill grabbed my hand as we walked to Richie's room, which was more like a prison. When the door all I could hear was the faint sound of my heart breaking. He lie there on the hospital bed, his arm was wrapped up, the only sound was the beeping of that dang heart rate monitor. He looked at me and smiled like he did when we were kids. A tear rolled down my face as I smiled.

"Aw don't cry baby" His voice was so calm and soothing. I blushed as he smirked, I walked over to the bed and hugged him tighter than ever before.

"Eddie..? Are you okay?" He said, we were still hugging. I wasn't letting him go anytime soon. "I missed you, don't do that again." I choked out between sobs, "Or I'll destroy your favorite hoodie," I heard him gasp

"You wouldn't dare, "

"Oh I would, I love you" I let go a bit and looked at him before kissing him.
"Whoa guys get a room!" Stan said making Bill laugh

I kind of forgot that they were here but it didn't matter. Richie wasn't dead and I was home...... Again.