27

Eddie's POV:

[1976]

*Three weeks later*

Bev invited us to the park for a picnic with the rest of the losers. Richie and I didn't really leave the house after what happened. We were both way too afraid to leave. But when we did leave we were both super paranoid. We didn't want anything to happen to anyone, especially Steph, she's only a child she doesn't need to go through that.

When we showed up to the park Bec was sitting on a white and red checkered blanket with Bill and Stan. Steph was running around with Mike and Ben was leaning against the tree that was shading the blanket. It seemed so pure. Richie grabbed my hand and we walked up to them and sat down with them.

"Hey guys!" Ben said waving, Richie waved back. I'm worried about him, he's been quieter since the whole thing with his father went down. I'm hoping our fucked up friend group will help him out of this slump.

"Hey! Haven't seen you two in a while. How've you been?" Bev asked running her hands through her hair.

"It's actually really weird Ric-" Richie grabbed my leg and looked at me. His eyes were glossy, I grabbed his hand and he rested his head on my shoulder. "Richie and I moved in together. I'm staying here in Derry for a long time thanks to trash mouth over here!" Richie chuckled at my save. Right then Stephanie ran up to us and hugged Richie.

"Uncle Richie!!" Richie let go of my hand and hugged her, I wish I had a camera. The smile on his face was so raw and real. It made my heart melt completely. Stephanie let go and sat on Richie's leg.

~~~
[3 hours later]

Stephanie fell asleep so Bev decided to head home. So everyone packed up and left soon after. Once Richie and I got home I finally got to talk to him. "Hey, are you alright? You seem out of it,"

"I kind of am" his voice cracked, he was holding back so much built up emotion. He sat on the kitchen counter and looked down at his feet as he swayed them back and fourth, barely hitting the counter with his heels each time. "I'm just so afraid of losing you, of losing everyone,"

"Rich" I walked over to him and lifted his head up, "you're never going to lose me. I love you too much, you are the light of my life. Even if you're sometimes an asshole, or when you won't get out of bed I still love you with all my heart." His cheeks flushed with a light pink as he smiled. "I love you because you're so beautiful, you're an amazing person. I think you turned me gay," I smiled as he laughed after he stopped laughing we both just looked at each other before he grabbed my face and kissed me. I smiled in between each kiss, he laughed at me.

"Eddie, I love you so much, you fucking idiot"