10

Richie's POV:

[1958]

After school that day I rode home before going to the quarry. Bill insisted on doing homework for some reason. I don't get it, homework is just another way for teachers to fucking torment you. The whole 'you aren't allowed to have a social life until you work is done' is bullshit!

I got off my bike and opened the gate to my backyard before throwing my bike down and walking back to the front. I looked through the window that showed into the living room. No one was there, hallelujah!

I opened the door, not caring how much noise it made and made a b line for the fridge. I barely get to open it, I was disappointed to see only beer and  nothing good. Some part of me wanted to take every beer bottle out and throw it out the window. But all I did was shut the door and go upstairs and into my room.

I plopped down on my bed and looked at my watch. It was only 2:00 and Bill told me to be at the Quarry by 3. Of course I was barely ever home so there was nothing to do.

'Would they care if I just left and never came back?' When that random thought popped in my mind I tensed up and looked at my backpack. 'Seriously, they didn't care about me either way so I'm sure they'd be fine if I left.' but then I realized, I had no place to go.

But that didn't matter to me. Even the streets are way better then this fucked up hell hole. So what if Diana's right? She's always had a family that loved her and food on the table. She didn't fear her parents, she's a fucking golden child! And a bitch.

I got up, grab my backpack and put a few shirts and pants in it. Along with some other things. I ran downstairs and into the backyard, I grabbed my bike and went through the gate. I stood in front of my house and as a final farwell, I flipped off that hellhole. I got on my bike and started riding to the Quarry, even though it was only 2:15.

~~~

On my way to the Quarry, I passed Eddie's old house. The for sale sign was still in the front yard. I thought it was weird before realizing that Derry was kind of a small town and no one was gonna come here. Unless they're so fucked up in the head that they decide to live here. 'Boom. You can stay there. It won't be any different from your hell hole though.' I chuckled at the thought. Everything is better than my hellhole, I knew that well.

Well at least I knew I had a place to go, even if it's been empty for a year or two? It still held a lot of good memories for me.

~~~
[2:50]

I got to the Quarry early obviously but I knew everyone else would be there soon. So I decided to just sit down and just hang out until someone got here.

I sat down on the ground and leaned against a rock behind me. I picked up a rock and threw it against another rock out of boredom. I picked up another rock but right before I was going to throw it I heard a sweet familiar voice.

"Richie.." I put down the rock and looked up at Diana. "well, well, well, look who came crawling back." Diana looked at the ground, "Richie, I-I'm.... I'm sorry." She looked back up at me, her eyes full of sarrow.

"I think it's too late for that."

"I messed up ok, I said things I shouldn't have. I acted like a total cunt to you and I'm sorry,"

"Diana, I don't think you've got it through you're thick skull." Diana went quiet," you hurt me, a whole fucking lot. Yes I said stupid shit but I'm not sorry for any of it. And yes I cared about you and I still do. But you made it clear that you didn't give two shits about me. So if you think saying sorry is gonna fix this. Take your head out of your ass, it's not a hat."

Diana looked at the ground and sighed before looking up at me again. Her eyes were glossy with tears,"I understand," her voice was kind of shaky as she turned around and started walking away, looking down. I sat back down, more angry than sad. I still care about Diana but I couldn't let her back into my life.

~~~

A couple minutes later Bill and the rest of the losers, except for Eddie. Showed up at the Quarry. Hanging out with them really made me forget all the hurt that was left. But without Eddie, the group feels incomplete. I feel incomplete without Eddie.