24

Eddie's POV:

[1976]

Richie convinced me to stop at the ice cream parlor before we headed home. I was okay with it, anything that kept us away from Bev for a bit longer was great. When we finished, we held each other's hands across the table and just talked. Richie is really easy to talk to once you know him. It's really upsetting to know that most people won't give him the time of day because of how he acted in school. We let go of each other's hands and got up to leave.

"Hey Eddie,"

I turned around to see my boyfriend with a spoon stuck to his nose, I laughed and took the spoon off of his nose. He smiled and kissed my cheek, I looked over at the owner he didn't look pleased with our homosexualness. Richie noticed the smile on my face fade, he walked up to the counter and looked the owner right in the eyes before saying, "sir, can I have a vanilla cone please?" The owner scoffed before turning around to make the ice cream. He turned back around and handed Richie the ice cream cone.
"Thank you," Richie said before smashing the ice cream cone into the owner's face. I ran up behind him, grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the store. He was laughing until we got into the car. "Woo! That was the funniest shit I've done in awhile"

"It wasn't that funny," I started the car,"It was disrespectful," I started driving back home when Richie looked over me and smiled.

"You thought it was the funniest shit ever didn't you?"

I tried to stop myself from chuckling before nodding and laughing.
~~~
When I pulled up to Richie's house, the door was wide open. "Shit," he muttered before jumping out of the car, slamming the door behind him. I followed carefully behind him as he ran into the house. He stopped dead in his tracks once he entered the Kitchen, "babe what is it?" I said before seeing David sitting in the kitchen with a bottle of beer in his hand. His skin was pale, there were bags under his eyes, you could see all his veins and he had blood still pouring out of his head, he looked dead. The only thing that looked alive about him was his eyes, but they weren't the color they usual were, they were bright yellow. I had seen those eyes before but couldn't remember where "Hey guys, good to see you again," Even his voice sounded weird, like he smoked 12 packs of cigarettes everyday.

Richie was still frozen, "how?" Is all he managed to mutter

"Miracles happen Richard, don't ya know?" David took a gulp of beer before standing up.

"This isn't miracle, this is a nightmare," I was too busy trying to remember where I've seen his eyes before to be paying attention.

"You didn't really think I was gone did ya?"

"Your heart stopped, you weren't breathing. I'm pretty sure that meant you were dead," At that moment I realized who his eyes belonged to, IT!

"Babe, we need to get out of here, his eyes," I whispered to him. He turned around and flared at me," why the fuck would I care about his eye color?" I looked over his shoulder to see David turn into a leper, I looked back at Richie, pointed at IT and said," That's why!" he turned around to see the leper turn into the horrid clown. IT laughed as I grabbed Richie's arm and ran to the car once again. I heard Richie screaming "fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck," at the top of his lungs as I jumped in the car.

As he slammed the car door IT had the clown's head but the body of a giant spider, and had jumped onto the hood of the car. We both screamed as I speed out of the drive way. IT stayed firmly on the hood trying to break the glass, I stepped on the gas and drove as recklessly as possible. Richie was still screaming like a little girl. IT wasn't shaking off one bit, I tried the best I could but the glass eventually broke and I let go of the wheel. The next thing I know, the airbags deployed and Richie wasn't screaming anymore.

~~~
A/N: I'm casually listening to 40s music and procrastinating...