18

Eddie's POV:

[1975]

I drove for what seemed like forever. I stopped sometimes to sleep or get snacks but other than that I just kept driving. I didn't realize how exhausted I was until I actually arrived in Derry. I bought the lot my old house was, I planned to rebuild it. No other place in Derry is my home, it's stupid but I didn't belong anywhere else. But before I went to the hotel I'd be staying in, I went to the store. I brought a small cutesy teddy bear, a chocolate rose, and two tubs of ice cream. If I was gonna apologize to Richie, I had to do it right.

I get back into the moving truck, I would have to put it all in storage one day but Richie is more important. I drove to his house, I got out with everything in my hands. Somehow I rang the doorbell, my heart was beating as I rehearsed in my head what I was going to say. I waiting a minute, no one answered. I rang the doorbell again, no answer. "Ok," I muttered to myself, "he's either sleeping or with someone. Or maybe something is wrong." Therebwas a small chance of him being hurt, but so was him fucking somebody. I looked around for any spare key because Richie is Richie and would probably lose his key 5 million times.

I put the stuff down and picked up the small potted flower on the porch. Of course, taped to the bottom was a small silver key. I grabbed it and took the tape off before picking up his gifts and unlocking his door. I swung open the door, "Richie?" I asked but no one answer. I stepped inside, my hand shakingly grabbed the key and closed the door behind me. I scanned the downstairs area before walking upstairs. Once I was upstairs I knocked on Richie's open bedroom door. "Hello?" No answer.

I walked down the Hall, one of the doors was closed. I knocked but no one answered. I took a deep breath, it came out shaky as I grabbed the door knob. I began to slowly twist it, I swung open the door. Before even walking in I saw the blood in the sink, I rushed in.

"RICHIE" I screamed, tears welled in my eyes. I dropped the gifts, the ice cream lids popped off and melty ice cream spilled everywhere. I looked at him, laying in a small puddle of blood. I grabbed a towel and kneeled down to him. I wrapped his arm in the towel. I leaned down to his chest and listened, his heart was barley breathing. I applied more pressure to the wounds, "Richie, " I whispered, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have left." I saw his eyes flicker a bit. I grabbed his hand as he slowly looked up at me and smiled. "I must have died, because theres an angel right in front of me." His voice was hushed and slurred.
"Richie," I smiled, "now is not the time," He smirked, I took his other arm and placed it on the towel wrapped arm. "Apply as much pressure as possible, I need to call 911" As I stood up he grabbed my hand, "don't leave me, " His playful tone turned depressed. I looked at him as tears streamed down my face. I sighed and said "Can you stand?" He looked at me,"my arm is bleeding, my leg hasn't been cut off." he grabbed my arm and started to pull himself up, I grabbed the counter for balance," Remember you've lost a lot of blood you fucking asshole" I said as I guided his stumbling ass to the nearest phone. Which was in his bedroom, I walked over to his bedside table. He fell down on the bed as I picked up the phone and dialled 911.

~~~

The ambulance came about 15 minutes after, Richie wouldn't let go of my hand. Not until they forced him too, when he had to let go I felt scared and alone. My whole world was breaking under my feet. I can't lose him again, I refuse to lose him again.

~~~

A/N:  MICHAEL JACKSON IS PLAYING ON RADIO AND NOW I'M HAPPY. Also I'm sorry. I'm sorry.