16

Eddie's POV:

[1975]

I've been back in California for a week or so now, it sucked. I felt so isolated, there was really no communication where I worked I lived alone and only had a couple of friends. I wanted to go back to Derry so badly. But after how I hurt Richie, I don't think that's possible. I love Richie with all my heart, if he needs me he won't tell me. I thought I was doing the right thing by not telling him. I thought I was protecting him, he's been through enough, I didn't want to make it worse. Looks like that fucking failed, why am I such an idiot?

I got out of my car and walked inside of my house. It was basically spotless, probably because I never made mess. I had a routine, go to work, get home, do nothing for 3 hours, go to sleep and restart. Life was so boring here, in Derry everyday was an adventure. Even if it was just talking with Mike or Ben, or Bill, or Stan, or Bev, or Richie. I miss him much, I miss his stupid glasses, I miss his smile and the way he looked at me. I miss it all, I should've stayed.

~~~

[1 week later]

I was still thinking about Richie and Derry. California is an amazing place but I don't fit in here. I don't fit in anywhere, including Derry. I only fit in with the Losers and the losers in California do drugs. My mother would haunt me for the rest of my life if I even looked at drugs so that instantly outcasts me.

While at work, my boss walked up to me. He always hated me, even if I did everything right for the past 3 years.

"Edward, " I already want to hit him over the head with a stapler, " I'm sorry but I have no other choice then to fire you. " Inside I was doing a happy dance, this place sucked. Hell is probably way better, "please leave by the end of the day, " He handed mdy last paycheck and walked away. I smiled and grabbed the box I kept under my desk for when I finally got the courage to quit.

I left after cleaning off my desk. I got home and put the box on the table, I went through it and ended up throwing away most of it. At the bottom of the box was a picture frame, the picture inside was of Richie, Bill, Ben, Bev, her daughter, and I. Bev took Stephanie to the park and wanted us to go with her. We talked and played with Stephanie for a couple of hours before getting ice cream. I remember Richie was always looking over at me and winking. I wanted to just hide away from his stupid yet fucking beautiful face.

I miss them more then I did when I first moved here. I would do anything to move back there. Even if Richie hates me and Henry is still a pathetic piece of shit. My actually family is there and I love them. I looked over at my suitcase that was still at the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm gonna fucking do it." I muttered to myself before rushing up my room and grabbing the sticky note that had my real estate agent's number on it.

~~~

[5 days later]

I put the last box into the back of the moving truck before closing the back and securing it. I walked back inside and looked around at the now empty shell of a house. I wasn't going to miss this hellhole, I smiled and walked out. I opened the front door to the moving truck, threw my bag into the passenger's side before getting in and sitting in the driver's seat. Driving across the country was going to take a long time but I'm tried of crying babies. If I have to here one more child cry in the next 24 hours, I'm going to crash this truck. Okay, I wasn't going to do that. That would be a waste of work and time, Richie better be over the motherfucking moon to see me again. I sighed, turned on the engine and started driving all the way to Derry, Maine.

~~~

A/N: It's been awhile dudes. Probably because I had enough writer's block to travel around the moon 5 times, go back to Earth and listen to every single song KISS has every made........... And then some. Ok bi. 💝💜💙