06

Eddie's POV:

[1975]

I walk out of the elevator and walk down the hall towards my room. When I'm almost in front of my door I go to grab my key from my back pocket. Only to realize I don't have it.

Shit, I say to myself,  great job you fuck up. What if it's in Bill's car? Or at the Quarry? Fuckin' hell! I put my hand on the door knob and try and open it. To my surprise, the door opens.

What the fuck. I know I locked it. I double check it everytime. My heart started to beat faster as I opened the door all the way and took a step in. I walk past the bathroom and done the tiny, short hall. As the two beds come into view I notice something.

I laugh before walking in front of the bed. There was Richie, lying on my bed on his stomach, his face resting in his hands. He looks at me with the "innocently adorable" face.

"Get up you stalker," I chuckle as Richie gets off the bed and walks up to me. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me in for a hug.

As we pull away I say, "what are you doing here?"

Richie smiles and says, "Eddie Kaspbrak, will you go on a date with me?" I smile at him before pecking him on the lips. "Yes"

~~~~~~~~

(There is no POV in this part)

Eddie and Richie walk out of the hotel together, Eddie turns his head towards Richie and says, "so what are we doing?" Richie says nothing but,"you'll see."

The two walk to the park talking and laughing the whole way there. When they make it to the park, Richie drags Eddie to a park bench. "Wow, a park bench. You're such a Prince Charming." Eddie smirks before he sits down and sees why they're there. This bench had the perfect view of the sunset. "You were saying?" Richie smiled at Eddie.

Eddie grabbed Richie's hand and intertwined their fingers before resting his head on Richie's shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~

10 minutes later the sun had set and the two stood up and walked around holding each other's hands. It wasn't much but Eddie loved it, he didn't need a fancy dinner to realize who he loved and how much they loved him too. In the middle of the park they passed by a bench with a man and two of his assumed friends sitting with him. As they passed the man sitting in the middle stood up.

"Hey!" The voice was dangerously familiar. Eddie and Richie turned around to see Henry Bowers and his goons. "Looks like the losers finally found the two fags of the group."

With each word Eddie's heart seemed to break a bit more. But Richie, Richie just seemed to get more pissed. "It looks like you and your goons finally realized you'd be forever alone."

Henry chuckled, " we should do all of Derry a favor and get rid of you." Henry grabbed his knife from his back pocket.

"Please do us a favor and go blow eachother and just leave us alone. Geez you're just as pathetic as you were in highschool. How old are you? 36?" Eddie tried to hold back laugh at Richie's comeback. But Henry didn't find it as funny, he got up in Richie's face holding his knife to his neck. Henry's goons grabbed Eddie and pulled him away from Richie. Eddie kicked and punched but he couldn't get away. They threw him up against a nearby tree, he fell to the ground and saw blood start to drip from Richie's neck. Eddie looked around and grabbed the closes rock to him, he stood hit one of the goons in the knee with the rock. He coward in pain and fell, Eddie stood and hit the other goon over the head with the rock.

Henry had now tackled a struggling Richie, Henry was trying to continue to cut his neck. Before Eddie threw the rock in his hand with all his might, hitting Henry in the head knocking him off of Richie. Eddie rushed over and helped Richie up, gripping on to his hand and running out of the park and to the nearest pharmacy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eddie remembered how to fix cuts and shit like this. So he bought what he needed and sat Richie outside. After about 10 minutes Richie was all bandaged up and just fine

"I'm sorry for this shitty first date Eddie. I fucked it all up." Richie said looking down at the ground. Eddie turned to Richie and carefully lifted his head so his eyes meet Eddie's. "I loved this shitty date. I can't wait to do it again." He smiled and kissed Richie once again.