12

Richie's POV:

[1975]

'How could Eddie do this to me?' I thought to myself as I walked away from the celebration. I walked until I found a quiet place to think. This quiet place ended up being this small bench in the park. There were barely any people out today which was odd but perfect.

'What's the point of loving when you fail everytime?' Thoughts like this ran through my mind for awhile until Bev walked up and sat down next to me.

"Hey," her voice was calm and soft. Must be the mother instinct most women have. God dammit.

"Hey," the mother instinct voice gets me everytime.

"Eddie told me everything..."

"Then why are you here?"

"Richie, Eddie really cared about you,"

"If he did then he wouldn't have used me," I more sad than angry for the first time in a long time. My heart was feeling emotions it hasn't in atleast 10 years, I hate it.

"Richie, he was just so happy that you felt the same way as he did that he didn't want to tell you,"

"That doesn't make any sense Bev," I turned my head towards her.

"Yeah,"she smiled a bit," but neither does this," I was confused for a second until she smashed her lips into mine.

~~~
A/N: I'm cringy too, don't worry
~~~

I panicked for second, I didn't know what to do. Yeah Bev was cute and I used to flirt with her but I didn't like her like that! I pulled away, my heart and mind were racing. The only I could think to do was to get up and walk away. So that's what I did, I awkwardly got the hell away.

I ended up walking home instead of driving. Driving and me thinking, don't get along. I don't know what to do, maybe Bev was trying to prove a point or something, but how could Eddie do that? If he loved me, he would've stayed on the other side of the country.

~~~
Ahhhhhh sorry it's short..... and cringe. Bai