11

A/N: there's some Stenbrough in this chapter because why the fuck not?
~~~

Eddie's POV:
[1975]

Stan, Bill, and I sat down at a free booth with our drinks. The whole time I've been here I felt like a child again. But right now I feel like an adult. Plus I've never been to a coffee shop before, mom always said they were infested with germs so I always stayed away. But Bill and Stan said they had something really important to tell me so I couldn't turn down the invitation.

"So, what did you guys have to tell me?" I said stirring some sugar into my coffee. Bill and Stan looked at eachother and smiled before Stan spoke.

"Well, Bill and I have been dating for a while an-" I cut them off from excitement.

"WAIT YOU GUYS AR-" Bill covered my mouth.

"Y-Yes, but yo-ou don'-t need to tell t-the whole f-f-f-fucki-ing world. O-Oh-kay?" I nodded and Bill took his hand away from my mouth.

"Anyways, Bill and I... we're getting married!" I smiled before realizing something.

"Uh guys, how does that work? Gay marriage isn't legal." They looked at me like some kind of Dunce.

"We know, we aren't actually getting married, sadly. But we will still have rings and still have a ceremony." They looked at eachother again. It was like they knew it wasn't exactly what they wanted but they were just fine with it.
"A-A-And I w-want you to be-e m-y-y best man." Bill smiled, I couldn't believe my best friend was getting married! I was so happy when we left I bought ice cream. Everything is better with ice cream.

~~~
[2 weeks later/the day of the wedding]

The wedding wasn't too long from when they asked me because they didn't expect me to visit so everything was already planned until they realized they didn't tell me. But it was fine, I got a nice tux for rent on short notice. Not a lot of people were in the audience and they didn't want groomsmen. But they still wanted a best man. Stan's best man was Mike and I was Bill's (duh).

Ben was the "priest" who would be marrying them while his wife and son were in the audience.

"Did you guys prepare vows?" Ben was very professional as you can see.

"Nope." Stan was also extremely nervous, just like Bill. But hey, who wouldn't be? Getting "married" is a big fucking deal, especially when you're gay.

"Well... I guess you get these cool rings now..." Ben handed them two gold wedding bands. They refused to have ring pops no matter how many times Richie and I proved that they were perfect. But noooooo they have to have these overpriced bullshit rings.

After they did all that wedding shit Ben FINALLY said "you may now kiss the br-.....groom..." and so they kissed. Big surprise there. They had food after so obvious I stayed.

I sat down at a table with food and a drink. Richie sat down next to me soon after.

"Hey Eds,"

"Why do still insist on calling me that childish name?"

"It's a mixure of habit and I love it when you get mad, it's kind of cute," he smiled at me and I couldn't help but blush a bit. "Soooo, I was thinking, how about another date next week? We can go to the movies, maybe get some ice cream or something," I looked down at my food as he spoke before speaking up.

"I can't," I could hear his heart drop.

"Why not? I mean the last date was shit sure but that's no reason not to go on another on-," I cut him off before he started rambling.

"It's not about that. Richie, did it ever occur to you that I don't live in Derry anymore?" I couldn't look at him. "I have a home and a job back in California. I have to go back, I'm sorry," 

"You're just like everyone else I loved. I was a just a summer flick for you?"

"Richie it wa-"

"Save it!" He was angry, I fucked up," Next time before you decide to use someone, don't waste your time going across the country." He got up and walked out, I was struggling to hold back the tears. I didn't know what to do, go after him or stay and eat.

I knew Richie like the back of my hand. I knew he hated being alone but right now it would be better if he could think through everything. God dammit I fucked up. I feel like an asshole. A stupid, gay, germophobic asshole.