09

No POV:

[1958]

It's been a year since Eddie has left Derry. Richie seemed to be over it all but still misses Eddie from time to time. The losers were doing just fine without Eddie but sometimes there was no one to remind them about all the diseases they could get just from breathing.

"Hey guys.." Richie walked up to the losers with a solemn look on his face.

"What happened? DID SHE HURT YOU?!" Bev yelled ready to smack a bitch. "It's fine, we weren't right for eachother. So what if I took her on the best dates possible and returned I get slapped. I'm fine," Richie chuckled a bit, he didn't understand anything and he didn't want to make the losers feel like shit.

A few minutes later, Richie's ex, Diana walked through the school doors. Of course Richie knew, this was the beautiful brown eyed, freckled faced, black haired girl he fell in love with. Diana walked past Richie flipping him off. Let's just say Bill and Mike had to try and hold Bev back.

"Diana," Richie said jogging after her, she stopped and looked back at Richie.

"What do you want weirdo?" Richie didn't understand why Diana suddenly hated him, he did noting wrong.... this time.

"What did I do wrong?" Richie said kind of softly looking right at the girl.

"Huh?"

"I said, what did I do?" Richie repeated himself louder this time, "what did I do to deserve you slapping me and treating me like shit?" Richie was pissed, he was actually happy with someone and they just stabbed him in the back for no reason, "what did I do to deserve you to rip my heart out and leave it in my hands, bruised and broken?" Richie has never felt this upset since Eddie left. Why does everyone he cares about leave him?

Diana just laughed and looked at him,"are you serious?" After a second of silence she continued,"you bragged about me like I was a trophy, you told all you're friends that you fucked me, which really? You thought you had a chance? And because of that, Gretta is calling me a whore. Do you need more?" Diana folded her arms basically giving Richie the death stare.

"Ok yeah, I fucked up a few times but what about all the dates I took you on? Or all the times you told me you loved me and would never leave me? And what about when I spent all my money on that promise ring I brought you three weeks ago that you just 'had to have'?" Richie grabbed her hand and showed her the simple silver band with a blue heart on it with a crown.

Diana looked like a deer in headlights,"Richie...." she mumbled before grabbing his hand and intertwined their hands together. "I'm so sorry, I'm a fucking jerk. I don't know what I was thinking." Richie looked at their hands, his mind was racing.

"So? Boyfriend and Girlfriend?" Right after Diana said that Bev charges at her and tackles her, Richie kind of being pulled with but then their hands slip apart.

Bev full on attacked Diana, some of the losers tried pulling her away but there was no point in trying.

Richie didn't do anything except mutter,"thanks Bev," and walk away.

~~~

Richie has never been the fluffy lovey kind of guy. But Diana, Diana she made him feel like he was ok and he was safe. Well she did until they got into an argument and Diana told Richie to "go burn in hell you fucked up bum" and slapped him before walking away. Leaving Richie alone at the park.

After walking out of the school Richie got on his bike and rode to the barrens. He couldn't go home his satanic parents are there. So the Barrens was the only safe place for him.

~~~

Once he got to the Barrens he walked over to the tree were Richie carved 'Gazebos' in the bark. He sat down under it and just thought and looked around. Being alone sucked but he'd rather be here than anywhere else. He saw a small shard of glass on the ground near him. Something was telling him to take it.

"Take it." The voice said, "take it, no one cares about you anyways. Take it"

Richie hesitated but picked up the shard of glass and examined it.
He didn't want to but the voice was telling him to do it. He looked at the shard before bringing it closer to his wrist. Before he could begin cutting a thought of Eddie popped in his mind. Of how much Eddie cared about him, how much Eddie loved him. He took the shard away from his wrist. He stood up and threw the shard as far away as possible.

Even when Eddie wasn't there, Richie still felt like he was the only one who cared. Though that wasn't true, Richie refused to believe anyone else did.

Richie walked to his bike, got back on and rode back to school.