22

[Eddie's POV]

[1976]

I walked into the house, I didn't see much before Richie covered my eyes.

"Okay, Eddie, don't freak out," Richie's voice was kind of shaky but he still sounded confident and calm.
"Just keep in mind that I love you,"

"Richie, what the fuck did you do?" My heart was beating fast but I managed to stay calm. Richie let out a big sigh and uncovered my eyes. I put my hands over my mouth trying not to throw up.

"It was an accident," Richie hung his head unable to look at David's lifeless body on the floor. I reach for my inhaler, it was getting harder to breathe. "We were just talking, he said some really fucked up things. I said some logical things. He threw a book at me-" I cut Richie off.

"So you fucking murdered him?" I took another puff from my inhaler, pacing around the room. My heart was beating faster than ever. "What the fuck. What the fuck. What do we do?"

"Well probably dispose of him,"

"Are you sure he's dead?"

"There's blood coming out of his head and his chest isn't rising or falling. He's dead"

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck" My boyfriend just murdered somebody. Mom would be so pissed, she wouldn't even care if I was gay anymore. She only care that I'm dating a fucking murderer. This can't be real, what are we going to tell Bev? Bev is going to turn us in. Even though I had nothing to do with this! I'm going to be thrown in jail! Fuck, I can't take care of myself, I can't handle jail life. What if I get an infection? What if Richie and I are sent to different prisons? I don't want to move to Mexico and change my name to Joe McKenna.

"Help me take him out back," Richie walked over to David and lifted the dead body. I opened the backdoor and helped him hide the body in the bushes. I ran back inside, grabbed a mop, and started cleaning. I had to clip my nose with a close pin. The smell of blood made me light headed. When every drop of blood was gone I took the clip off my nose and took another puff from my inhaler, "go get the car and I'll get David,"

"What do I tell Bev?"

"Shit, well make something up!" Before I could say 'you think I could actually do that?' Richie was already outside, dragging the body out of a bush. I turned to the door and opened it. Bev and Steph were sitting on the sidewalk, Steph had her head resting in her mother's lap while Bev told her classic stories. Things like Geek Myths or little fables. I smiled as I walked up to them.

"How'd it go in there?"

"Surprisingly well, we're taking David out to maybe get something to eat or a movie" I brushed the hair out of my face as Bev stared into my eyes like she could tell what was going on exactly, after about 30 seconds she covered her mouth with her hands. Her eyes became glossy as tears welled in her eyes, she blinked them away and uncovered her mouth. She was smiling, only for a second though. Did she know? How could she?

"Okay, well you guys have fun!"

"We will, bye Bev, bye Stephanie!" Steph stood up and hugged my leg before sitting back down with her mother. I got into my car and pulled up to the backyard gate, I opened the trunk and Richie lied the body in. He slammed the trunk and jumped in the car. "Hey, uh, babe?"

"Yeah, Eds?" Richie buckled his seatbelt

"Where are we going to put the body?"

It was deadly quiet for so long. All you could hear was the running motor, until Richie let out a long sigh and a muttered, "fuck"

~~~

We finally decided to dump him in the barrens. Richie stared out the window and watched every car suspiciously until we got there. I pulled up next to a sewer pipe covered in vines and moss. Richie chuckled and jumped out of the car, he opened the trunk. Even though I was light headed and about to puke just from pure memories. I got out and helped him carry the body into the sewer. We dropped the body and I practically ran out.

"When we get home I'm taking 5 million showers and so are you," I got in the car and waited for Richie. He never opened the door, I looked back in the sewer but he wasn't there. "Rich?"

Richie opened his door and yelled, I jumped and screamed. Richie laughed and covered his ears, "your scream is extremely high pitched," He smiled and got in the car.

"Shut up you dickhead!" Richie leaned over and kissed my cheek. I sighed, "I love you too," I turned on the car and started driving home.