26

Richie's POV:

[1976]

I instantly stood up, why was he here? I haven't seen him since I ran away all those years ago. But why is he here now?

"Richard?. . ." He spoke, he's tone was softer than it was when I was a kid. I just nodded my head, on the outside I looked completely calm. On the inside I was panicking, questions and thoughts running through my mind. My heartbeat sounded like a million drums right in my ear. My father smiled a bit and run up to me and embraced me. I stood there shocked not sure what to do. "I'm so glad I found you, I missed you so much," I could hear he was getting choked up, so I gave in and hugged him back.

When he finally let go of me he wiped away a few tears and smiled at me again. "What are you doing here father?" I spoke, Eddie stood up behind me and stayed there. I could hear him almost pacing, he met my father once. It was a fucked up day, and that's all I can say about that. "I came back home to find you,"

"Why?"

"What?" He furrowed his brows in confusion

"Why now? Why am I important to you now?"

"Rich, you were always important t-"

"Cut the shit!" I yelled, cutting him off and startling Eds, I reached back and grabbed his hand to relax him. "If I was so important to you then why did you ignore me? Why did you beat me senseless? Is that how you show you love someone?"

He sighed and ran his hand through his hair,"Look son, I was a horrible person with anger issues. I was going through a rough patch and blamed it all on you, so I did what I did. I'm extremely ashamed of myself and my horrific actions but I always loved you!"

"If you loved me so much then why didn't you look for me when I ran away? Why didn't you treat me better?" I was fighting back tears at this point, the memories came rushing back all at once. I felt like I could feel everything he did to me all over again.

"I don't have an excuse for that, I'm sorry," he tried to hug me again but I pushed him away.

"I think it's time you leave," I couldn't hold back the tears anymore, it was hard to speak through the sobs. Eddie stepped in front of me and wrapped his arms around me and wiped the tears away before resting his head on my chest.

"Rich, let me make it up to you,"

"You can't,"

"Please! I'll do anything to fix it!"

"Just leave! I never want to see you again!" I yelled and watched the tears well in my father's eyes. He nodded and walked away in defeat, I collapsed and took Eddie with me, he comforted me and kissed me on the cheek. He let me cry until I passed out.
~~~
Everything was black but a picture faded in to place. Eddie was laying on the bed reading a little blue book, he noticed me and put the book down and smiled. He got up and walked up to me, he wrapped his arms around my neck and bit his lip. I smiled and grabbed his waist as he kissed me. He pulled away and put his head on my chest.

"Why'd you leave me Richie?" He spoke in the sweetest tone ever.

"What? No, I'm right here Eds!"

"Why'd you go?"

"Eddie, please stop,"

"Why'd you leave me in this hell?" Tears began to stain my shirt, "You said you loved me, was it true?"

"Of course it is Eddie, I love you so much!"

"But if you loved me, Why'd you leave me?"

"Eddie I'm right here!"

"You said we'd be together forever why did you lie?"

"I don't know" I said, he looked up at me and let go.

"Was our relationship just a fling? Just a game for you to play?"

"Was? It isn't a game, I love you,"

"Then why does it feel fake? Richie, burn in hell. No one deserves to be hurt by you,"
~~~
I woke up still in Eddie's lap, I sat up crying. "Baby, what's wrong?" Eddie said rubbing my back.

"Eddie, I love you so much. I would never leave you. This is real love. I promise I would never leave you," I said turning back to him.

"Richie, I've never loved anyone more in my life, of course this is real,"