14

Eddie's POV: 

[1975]

I sat at the edge of my bed staring at the blue journal on the small table next to the window. I was afraid to read it. I already hurt Richie, I already feel like an asshole. But what if this small journal changes it all? 

I got up and grabbed the journal before sitting back down. My heart pounded as I opened the journal and began reading.

~~~
Richie's POV:

[1958]

I rode my bike from the quarry to my 'new home'. To be completely honest I was actually excited. Yes I would still be alone but Ben told me about 'hostile environment' and how 'they effect the human body.' I spaced out during most of it. All I remember is 'you shouldn't be in an environment that makes you feel unsafe' and I felt safe with Eddie.

I walked up to the door and took the bobby pin that Molly Ringwald gave me. I was surprised by all the support my friends gave me for this dumbass idea. If anything I expected them to laugh or say "what the fuck Richard?",  but no they actually helped me. I picked the lock with the bobby pin and swung open the door. I grabbed my bike and walked inside. A blast of memories basically hit me in the god damn face. All the times I secretly spent the night with Eddie. All the times Mrs. K gave me the deathstare, good times. That's all gone now, thanks Mrs. K. I leaned my bike up against the wall and walked upstairs into Eddie's room. A little part of me expected to see Eddie's stuff but I wasn't surprised when it was completely clean and empty. I dropped my backpack on the floor and took out a blue journal and a pen. Ben gave me the journal and pen, something about bottling up your feelings or some psychological bullshit. I sat down and began writing.
~~~
Eddie's POV:

[1975/ the day of Eddie's flight back to fucking California]

I stood in front of the airport with Mike, Ben, Stan, Bill, and Bev.

"He better fucking be here!" Mike said looking around for Richie.

"It's fine guys, he doesn't need to be here. I was an asshole," I looked down at my watch that read 9:30 AM, my flight was at 9:45 AM," Well, I should get going. I'll miss you all." I said my goodbyes and hugged them all. Before leaning over to Bev and whispering something in her ear.

Her eyes lit up with joy and she yelled, "OH MY GOD YOU LITTLE BITCH!" she lightly hit my arm before hugging me again. As we hugged I noticed someone across the street. It was Richie, I don't know how I knew it was him, I could just tell. He was leaning against a wall looking at us. I smiled knowing that he wouldn't notice or care right now. Bev let go of me and wiped away a tear that was streaming down her face.

I smiled and grabbed my suit case before walking into the airport and boarding the plane for California. I wasn't even out of Derry and I already miss them. I already miss Richie.