I do? (5)

Jessika's POV.

"Oh shit!" I groan. "Chrissy! I forgot to tell Chrissy!" I mentally face palm for my stupidity. "Then call her." Harry shrugs it off. How does he not see how big of a deal this is? Chrissy will kill me because I didn't call her as soon as it happened! Never mind 2 days!

"No! She'll be so mad at me for not calling sooner! I'm the worst person alive." I mumble into my hands. "She's gunna be bitchy either way so mind as well just call her." He shrugs. "Hey, she's your sister, be nice!" I scold. "I'm just telling the truth." He chuckles.

We had literally just walked through the door to our apartment when I remembered Chrissy. What kind of friend am I? A bad one. A really, really bad friend!

"Babe, call her!" Harry throws my phone at me. I think he wanted me to catch it but I didn't get that on time and let the phone hit me in the face. It really hurt! Now, most finances would feel horrible and apologetic, but mine started laughing loudly and trying to apologise at the same time. Love you too, Harry.

"Shut up, I'm calling her!" I scold him and he just leaves the trim because apparently he couldn't control his laughter... "Oh, so look who finally decided to call." Chrissy answers. "Hey Chrissy. So you heard?" I ask hopeful that she didn't, but I have a feeling she already heard. "Yes I fucking heard! I'm your best friend and you don't call to tell me you're fucking engaged to my brother until 2 days after it happened! I don't know if you've noticed by now, but I have been waiting FOREVER for this day to happen and I had to find out by Alexa!" Yup, she's pissed.

"I'm really, really sorry, Chrissy! If it helps my sister found out today too..." I try to lighten her mood. "2 DAYS!" She yells then hangs up. Well that went well...

I roll my eyes at my thought. Well this is great! "How'd it go?" Harry comes in recollected. "She hates me." I sigh and tears fill my eyes. "How could I be so stupid? She my best friend, how could I forget her?" Tears stream down my face like a waterfall and soon Harry is right by my side. He takes my hand and rubs circles on my plan with his thumb. "Se doesn't hate you love." He soothes. "Then why did she hang up?" I ask.

"Because she was... angry. But she's not gunna be angry forever. And sadly, she'll have to come to the wedding." He mumbles. "What if she leaves me? Like my dad and mum. What if she stays mad and doesn't let it go?" I sniffle. "She's Chrissy, Jess. She won't hold a grudge. Trust me, we are NOTHING alike!" He promises. "You both love pancakes." I counter. "No one can have a love for that food as strong as me." He demands. "Whatever." I roll my eyes.

"You can't deny it." He points out. I let out a small laugh, forgetting about my worries for that moment.

The thing about Harry is, he can pretty much control my moods when he wants to. When I'm sad he can make me forget about that in an instant and make me laugh. If he is angry it affects me, making me angry. He knows what to say to make my moods change so drastically.

"Let's go." He stand up taking my hand to bring me up from the chair I was sitting in. "Where?" I ask. "Grocery store. We need pancakes tonight. They are the only things that can help us get through this hard time." He says making it sound more dramatic than necessary. "I'm still full from 2 nights ago!" I groan. "C'mon babe, you love my pancakes!" He takes my hand and begs.

"They are pretty good..." I trail. "Yea- I'm sorry, pretty good?" He stops himself. "Meaning you've had better?" He looks shocked. I shrug and walk past him, knowing exactly what I'm doing. "Who and where? They are gunna get-" I cut him off by laughing. "I'm kidding love. You're the best." I assure him giving him a hug. "I better be. You scared me for a moment!" He breaths.

Sometimes I forget about his badass appearance. Sometimes all I see is this sensitive, funny, and adorable guy who would do anything for the people he loves. That's why I love him, because he took off his mask for me, he let me in. He changed to make me happy, so he could treat me better. He's perfect.

"C'mon, there's a store around the corner!" He rushes me out of my thoughts and runs I the door. I roll my eyes and follow hi out the door of our apartment.

The drive is short to the store. Once we get inside Harry tells me to get some milk, so I do. He goes the opposite way, he's gunna get lost.

I'm standing in front of the milk, about to pick one up but someone's hand restricts me from reaching.

I look up to see a man with familiar eyes... but who's?

"Found you." He whispers in my ear.

Jake.

Cliffhanger!!

2 votes for the next chapter!

-Sophie Payne💕