I do? (8)

Harry's POV.

I grab my ringing phone and answer before I check who's calling.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Harry..." Shit. Tiffany.

"What do you want?" I spat.

"It's Jessika's dad... h-he's dead." she sighs.

I freeze. "W-what?" I ask.

"He worked for a science lab, but he also did very illegal things there, with his coworkers. No one knew. He got radiation poisoning really bad and died." She explains.

"How do you know this?" I ask.

"I ran it... The company." she whispered. That's all I needed to hang up.

I sit there in utter shock until Jess comes happily walking in. "Hey Harry, I know that my dad left me and all, but I still want him to come to the wedding." I grow pale by her comment. "Harry?" She must have noticed my state. "About your dad..." I trail.

She visibly freezes. "H-he's dead." I stutter. She shakes her head in disbelief. "He, he can't be! Who's gunna walk me down the aisle?! Who's gunna go to my graduation?! Who's gunna be my dad?!" She cries, still shaking her head. "A-and the last words I spoke to him were horrible! I can't do this." She sobs.

I get up and hold her. We are sitting on the kitchen floor. The only sounds are her soft sobs. "Harry, why did he leave me?" She asks.

I shake my head, not having an explanation. "How did it happen? How did you find out?" How do I tell her?

"You don't want to know." I conclude. "Yes, I do. He's my dad. Tell me." she presses. "No, you don't. Really you don't." I repeat.

"Please tell me!" She begs. "No!" I refuse. She turns so she's straddling me.

She's good, damn it!

"Please?" She asks again, her blood shot eyes staring into mine. "No, it's better you don't know." I refuse again. "You sure?" She asks while she kisses my collarbone. "Fuck. No Jess. It's for the better." I sigh. "Fine." She pouts then gets up from the ground and walks to the bedroom.

I sigh loudly and fall back onto the floor. I messed this up. Bad.

3 votes and 1 comment for the next chapter.

Sorry it's short!;)

-Sophie Payne💕