4. Friend

-Chapter 4 :

1 week later

Sohee was not happy. Her shift has just ended and she was was strolling home like usual. It was then that it hit her that from tomorrow onwards, she'd be working with the BTS members. She had been invited to come see the place today, but had decline saying she was sick. Which wasn't entirely a lie.

Sohee was sick whenever she thought of seeing the people she'd have to betray. But it was no use anyways. The next that she'd start her first day as junior choreographer. It was not good in a way, she only had to work in Rise for two hours, a substantial decrease from her regular ten hour work shifts.

And so with the cool breeze whipping past her skin, and the dead leaves crunching under her boots, she kept walking onto dark alleys, her routes of transportation. There were no people to bother her there. She might have dyed her hair and changed her name, but everything else mostly was the same about her...and her past self.

Sohee's face gave way to pain and she tried to shoo the horrible memories away. Instead, she slowed her speed and looked up at the sky, adoring the puffy marshmallow like clouds flying leisurely across the baby blue ocean above.

"Sohee!" A familiar voice rang from behind. Sohee turned sharply to see Yeri sprinting towards her, waving her long arms at Sohee. Sohee gingerly walked to meet her panting, who was put her hands on her knees as she bent over. Finally, red and out of breath, Yeri looked up and awkwardly smiled.

"I heard you're going on a mission, good luck!" She wished and Sohee's heart clenched. Yeri reminded her so much of her precious friends. That was the main reason she had befriended the black haired girl.

"But we won't be able to see each other for however long your mission lasts. So, maybe we can hang out right now for some time? I'm sure the authorities will be fine with that!" Yeri argued, pleading. Sohee couldn't say no to such an offer so she sighed and nodded, smiling at Yeri's joyful reaction.

"How about that ramen house, chin-gu?" Yeri suggested as she pulled Sohee by the wrist. Sohee could only nod as she was pulled away by her new friend.

Sohee sat, slurping on her noodles as she carefully observed Yeri. The girl was engrossed in her food to be notice Sohee's glance. "I'll miss you." Was all Sohee choked out as he throat constricted. She would miss her best friend. Yeri looked up and held her hand from across the table, smiling brightly.

"I believe in you! Fighting!"

***

Hoseok was hungry. He sauntered across the hallway into the dorm's kitchen, scanning the refrigerator and the pantry as he searched for food. Satisfied with his choice of food, he closed the door. However the minute Hoseok closed the door, he let out a girlish scream and fell to the floor as he laid his eyes on Suga.

"Hyung, what the hell!" He whines as he sat cross legged, staring at Suga, who was taking a nap on the floor in front of the fridge. "I was seeing what it's like to sleep near the fridge." Suga reasoned with a nonchalant expression as he got up and dusted himself. With one last nod, he left the room, leaving Hoseok to question life. 

Hobi finally got up and picked up his cup of ramen, staring intently at it as he remembered a moment of the past.

Flashback

"Yah give it back!" The shorter girl whined, jumping to try and take back her cup of ramen." Hobi only smirked as leaned down to ruffle her hair. "Sorry but the ramen is mine!" He jokes as she pouted, using the cute face she couldn't resist.

"Oppa~" The girl whined as she stared up at him. Hoseok was at a loss for words at her bold and sexy actions. Taking the chance, the girl jumped up and stole the cup as she pecked his check, smiling victoriously.

"Sorry oppa~" She joked as she sprinted away, leaving Hobi at a loss of words as he blushed intensely.

End of Flashback

Hoseok smiles bitter sweetly as he stared at the cup of ramen. Slowly, he heated it and sat by the window as he slurped on it slowly, tears threatening to fall. However he never let his feelings show.

He had to act as J-Hope, the sunshine and hope of the group. No one would understand him. Everyone thought he was over her. He tried to make himself believe that too, but in the end he couldn't.

He couldn't forget the girl that still haunted his dreams, the ghost of her lips still leaving traces on his cheek. Hoseok sighed and could only wonder how the junior choreographer would look like.

He knew that he'd have to put up his mask again tomorrow. That's why he liked the girl, he never wore a mask around her. He could be himself and she'd still love and support him. Hoseok softly gasped as he looked down to see drops of tears on the table.

His forehead unwrinkled as he came to a realization: those tears were his.

Second of all, no matter how hard he tried...

....He couldn't forget the girl who had stolen his heart.

-lunar1029

Edited by bolbbalganstudios

A/N: I will add a picture of Yeri for those who don't know her.

This is Kim Yerim, or Yeri, the maknae of the group Red Velvet and the new friend of Sohee in the story! I had to argue with one of the authors to change the original character to Yeri

I am editing this while doing homework, and trying not to get caught by my mom.

Love y'all!

-KJ Author-nim