5. Arrival

-Chapter 5 :

The waves crashed onto the sand of a moonlit silent beach, the sand smooth except for the trails of two pairs of feet that were imprinted in it. The silence was disturbed by the laughs of two people, one deeper than the other. The laughs were melodious yet the higher one sounded a bit forced.

"Show me your face! I want to know who you are!" Sohee shouted.

The man did not turn around, but just shrugged as he kept walking farther. Sohee had to run to catch up to him. She held his shoulder and turned him around forcefully, and Sohee screamed. The sight that beheld her was something from a nightmare that she could not even conjure. Blood pooling from his completely black eyes and mouth, his skin tinted green, he was a walking corpse.

"AAHH!"

Sohee wakes up with tears in her eyes and adrenaline pumping through her body, as she remembers that she immediately slept at her small apartment after her shift. Sohee took deep breaths and drank from the water bottle on her nightstand. After she calmed down enough, she lied back down and snuggled into her covers. She kept replaying the dream over and over again in her mind, and cried at the sight of the very familiar man.

Why do I have to live like this...

Time Skip to 7:30 AM

Sohee stood in front of the unfamiliar building, nervousness coursing through her. She had been standing in front of the doors for 10 minutes, with many curious passerby giving her a second glance. She ignored them as she debated again whether she should go in or get the hell out of here.

"You can do this. You can do this." Sohee repeats, and takes the steps into the Big Hit Entertainment building.

She softly walks down the brightly lit hallways until she reaches the choreographer's office. Sohee takes a deep breath and knocks on the door. The door opens and the choreographer stands in front of her with a smile.

"Hello! You must be the new junior choreographer! Choi Sohee, right?" He asks, smiling.

Sohee nods, some of her nervousness disappearing at the happiness of the choreographer.

"Well then Ms. Choi, follow me to BTS's practice room."

Never mind, I'm nervous again. You can do this. Just get close to BTS and finish your job, then you don't have to see them again...

The choreographer steps out and walks to an elevator and hits the down button.

You give a questioning look to him, and he says,

"People working underneath BTS's practice room would have complained about the noise and the thumping, so Bang PD-nim moved the practice rooms to the basement."

"Oh." Sohee replied quietly. The choreographer laughed and said that many new workers ask that question.

The elevator dinged, signaling that it arrived. The metal doors smoothly opened and the duo went inside. He hit another button with the label "Practice Rooms" next to it, and the doors closed. Soft elevator music played in the background while Sohee's thoughts whirled around her mind, making her feel a little dizzy with nervousness.

The elevator halted and the doors smoothly opened to reveal a hallway with practice rooms on either side. The choreographer went out and Sohee quickly followed him, her heartbeat getting faster and louder with every step. He stops at the end of the hallway and stands next to the door that says "BTS- 방탄소년단."

"Well here we are. Ready to meet your new family?" The choreographer asked with a soft smile.

Sohee nodded her head to indicate that she was ready to go in.