25. Tinuta

- Chapter 25 :

Sohee stood in front of the door, wondering how to approach Hoseok. What if he was sleeping? What if he punched her again?

Sohee felt the bruise on her right cheek, biting her lip in thought. Suddenly the door opened and a depressed-looking Hoseok paused, looking up in surprise.

Sohee momentarily stopped as well. He looked different. There was a look in his eyes she'd never seen before.

Regret, hope, betrayal and more than that, she saw love.

"Hoseok we need to talk." Sohee quietly whispered as Hoseok shook his head, all emotion vanishing from his eyes. They became stone cold, worse than before.

"Hoseok?" Sohee called, her lip trembling as her eyes watering. She wanted to be in his embrace again, to have his arms wrapped around her.

"What?" Hoseok voice was also clouded with confusion and Sohee tried to piece together why. "C-Can you hug me?" She quietly asked.

She was tired both physically and mentally. At this point she just wanted some warmness to help her. She just wanted her precious sunshine.

"I know you hate me but-" In an instant, she was wrapped in a hug, Hoseok pulling her up to his chest as his arms locked around her waist tightly. A small gasp left Sohee as her cheek pressed up to his chest; a familiar warmth had enveloped her entire being.

"Hoseok." Sohee's voice whimpered and quivered as she tugged on the back of his shirt. Hoseok seemed to hold her tighter, burying his head into her hair. Why was he so different all of a sudden? Even though she wanted to know, all she wanted to do was stay in this moment.

Her hands held onto Hoseok's cheeks as he gave her an intense stare. She felt herself get lost in his eyes as she edged closer and closer up to his face, until both their lips were touching.

A wash of butterflies and love swept through Sohee as she kissed Hoseok, for once knowing that he didn't want to kill her on spot. Hoseok tugged her hair slightly and Sohee recollected times when he used to do that to her when she was Tinuta-

Abruptly, Sohee's eyes widened as she pushed him away. Hoseok fell against the wall with a surprised look as he stared at her. "Why'd you kiss me back? Y-You love Tinuta don't you?" Sohee quietly whispered as Hoseok's she's softened and tears threatened to fall.

Why was he acting different?

Hoseok was about to say something when his eyes ran over her lips and he stiffened, as if recollecting a disturbing memory. He stood straight and dusted his shirt before staring at Sohee longingly.

"Don't. Talk. To. Me." He said, pain swimming in his voice. Sohee was about to protest when Hoseok let a few tears out and closed he door on her face.

***

Hoseok's POV

( a/n : kj will now continue )

What the fuck have I just done?

Hoseok groaned as he smothered his face into a pillow, silently cursing at himself for his stupidity. Isn't this what he dreamed of every night, of seeing Tinuta again, holding onto the hope of her being alive? Then why did he push her away like that?