"2"

I immediately wake up early as possible as I sneak quietly down the hallway from my bedroom. The house is quiet and I'm assuming everyone's dead asleep. I prepare my uniform and when I finally reach the door to the bathroom; it's locked. It's fucking locked. Damn it, I thought I would have made it in time.
   Zeref, my older brother who's leaving to college in a few weeks has already beat me to the bathroom. We always wrestle to see who would go down first and head into the bathroom. There's only one bathroom in the whole stinking place. One. ONE. I bang on the door, frustratedly calling his name. "Zeref!? Zeref! What the heck are you doing in there!? Hurry up!" I shout. I only press my ear against the wooden door to hear a muffled response.

"What!?" I yell.

    Another shout I don't even understand. I'm annoyed that he's not loud enough. Zeref has always been the soft spoken one in the family, meanwhile I shout a whole convo about anything. I'm loud as fuck.

"I don't understand you!!"

"What!?"

"Speak louder gosh dammit!"

"I'M TAKING A SHOWER LEAVE ME ALONE, GOD!" He finally says, completely understandable now.

"I swear he said 'I like bologna, goddamit'" I say to myself. As I pick up his shoes from the floor and place them in his room. I stretch my arms and do some push ups. I brush my teeth in the kitchen sink and mouthwash my mouth.

  I brush my teeth as I use the other hand to lift me up and down when Zeref walks right in to my bedroom. He's got a towel on his shoulder and his black hair is wet. "I beat you." He chuckles. Referring to him getting to the shower first.

    I roll my eyes, taking the toothbrush out my mouth to talk. "You take so long, you're like the older sister I never had."

"What do you want for breakfast?" He asks.

"I don't have time to eat! I gotta shower!" I say, shouting from the hallway as I run into the bathroom. After I take my shower I dress into my school uniform. And I don't bother to fix my tie as I leave out the door. "Breakfast!?" Zeref shouted, I ran back in the kitchen jogging backwards, as I shoved some bacon and juice into my mouth and head outside. Gray and Juvia waiting for me in the driveway. They wave at me and unlock the car doors. I crawl into the passenger seat. I stretch my arms in the car as I yawn. "God, I hate mornings."

"Morning to you too, Natsu!" Juvia says, happily. She's only ever nice when Gray's around. I don't even look at Juvia I just rest my elbow on the car window and look out the window. Gray reverts the car and we drive away. "You took way long. Any second longer I would've left. Lucky for you Juvia distracted me from time."

"Wouldn't matter to me," I shrug, as I bring out my phone from my back pocket and look at the screen for the time. "Could you ever be grateful!? At least fake it will you!?" Gray sneers at me through the rear view mirror. Juvia offers me a bagel and I grin gratefully taking it. "Thanks." I tell her. I chow down.

"I swear." Gray huffs. And next thing I know we're at the gate of our high school.

  We walk in and head to class. Except I don't. I ditch. I head to the bathroom and bring out my phone. I text Erza. She doesn't respond. She had to leave this week for something important, only she hasn't said anything about it to me. Or Gray, Juvia and Cana. We're all worried.
  She hardly ever misses school. She's the perfect student. And my original tutor, who had been replaced with stupid Gray. I turn my phone off, and sigh as I rest my head on the hall for a moment. When I hear Lisanna's voice. It echoes from a nearby hallway and it's vaguely understood. I leave the bathroom and walk down the hallway until her voice becomes clearer and clearer.

  I stop as a few inches away I see Mira with her camera as she laughs with joy as she casually takes a picture of Lisanna tiptoeing and hugging a girl. A girl with bright blonde hair and a perfect smile and warm brown eyes. Holy crap, who the hell is she? She's fucking gorgeous.

"And we're done," Mira says, lowering the camera. "We're so glad to add you to our family album here in our school, Lucy."

"Yeah, it's really nice here so far." She said, casually. Her voice gives me goosebumps that trail my skin. Lisanna and the girl look at Mira's camera probably at the photo she took of them and they smile at each other. "Nice."

"Hey, what's up!" I call, waving at the girls. Then someone knocks me over. As I slam right into a locker. "What do you want Gray!?" I scowl, Gray ducks down to me and grabs my collar. "Idiot, What the hell do you think you're doing!?" He yells at me right in the face. He looks so pissed. "What are you talking about??" I nearly hiss.

"You're ditching! You idiot! Don't you know how important school is! You don't fucking realize anything do you? You're one inch from failing!" Gray loosens his grip on my collar but continues to glare at me darkly. "Don't fucking touch me again!" I shove him hard he falls to the ground. Next thing I know is I'm on top of him and aiming at his face. Then he punches up at my throat and we're throwing fists back and forth. "Oh god not again!" Lisanna squealed in the background. "Stop, Natsu! Gray!"

"That's it," I hear Mira say.

Gray suddenly shoved me back while standing and I fall right down onto someone. And as I try to sit up I realize my hands are all over this girl's body. She has a pretty blue ribbon in her hair. But all I know next is a punch inches away from my left eye. "Ouch!" I stand up and cover my eye.

Mild pain strikes me.

  It's around the eye she punched me.

There's no blood but I sure as hell feel a bruise.

"Well, well, well.." I heard Gray conjure up.

"Why don't you make sure you're controlling yourself around others!" The girl scowls, and I grin like an idiot and I don't know why.

"My bad."

  And when those angry pretty brown eyes burned into me, I instantly liked it.