"5"

This girl took a whole year to get her stuff. I believe a whole fucking alien invasion could happen and she'd still be looking for her stuff. My impatience gets to me and I get off the car and come into Lucy's home. It's actually pretty big. I'm in an empty hallway when I see a staircase. Maybe she went upstairs? I walk up the steps. I have no idea where her parents are? But the house is dead silent. That possibly means her parents aren't home.

"Lucy!" I shout. "I'm sorry to barge in like this...but you left me no choice. I mean you could be dead? Like I could be saving your life right now..." I say, loud. But no one even responds.

I sigh, "Where did that crazy girl go?"

"Who are you calling 'crazy'!" And then she's in front of me. Her fist in my face as she adorably clenches her jaw.

"Hey! Where were you? You've taken an hour long." I say. She lowers her fist and inhales, like she's annoyed. If anyone's annoyed, it's me. I could have taken a nap waiting and waiting. But when I look at her clothes, I finally see why she's been taking so damn long. Girls.

"I was just washing up," she shrugs, as she grips onto her suitcase.

"Oh," I say. "What a great idea! You know let's just make Natsu Wait. It's totally fine. He's got no life, no responsibilities, no nothing. He's just my CAB DRIVER."

"Do you want to get PUNCHED?" She threatens, her fist inches from the side of my face.

I sigh, "Do you have any food? I'm starving." I walk down the stairs.

"Uh—well yes. But you—" I'm already finding my way towards the kitchen as I hear Lucy drop something behind me and curses under her breath. The kitchen is huge. And cleaned up nice and tidy. I'm already digging into the fridge, when she yells at me.

"Don't you dare eat my food!"

I ignore her as I take out fried chicken leftovers. I rip into a wing and groaning in pleasure. "This is so good!"

"You've got to be kidding me," she facepalms.

"What?" I said. "Oh do you want some?"

"NO." She scowls at me. I'm already on my third wing. "Good, because I was just gonna say no."

She groans, Lucy drapes herself onto a stool where the island is.
"You just go ahead and help yourself!"

"I already am. Thanks." I grin, she gets even angrier.
"So Lucy, where is your parents?" I ask her, finishing up the food. I rip a napkin from this paper towel roll on the kitchen table.

"I only have a father..." she says. Then, "He's got work. He always has work...." she looks down. She's become sad with that simple sentence. I instantly hate that she feels sad right now. "Oh. Well, I don't if this makes you feel any better but my dad left me when I was just a baby. Hated him ever since, and I don't even know how he looks like." Although Zeref has seen him before, and he always used to tell me how I look so much like Dad. I used to be happy whenever he said that, I was like: oh really!? That's so cool. But now that I'm older I just know I don't give a shit if he and I look alike. He left me and my brother for dead.

We were raised by a foster parents instead, Igneel. He has always been like a father to me. Always.

"Really?" She says, her big brown eyes stare right back at me. I'm hesitant from her sudden stare but I manage to nod with a small smile at the corner of my mouth. "That sucks balls..." she continued. Her voice was much lower as she sighed.

I laughed as she said that. I sit next to her on a stool. I chuckle as I say, "Don't say that."

"What? Why?" She says.