"24"

"So thanks for the ride, man. I really appreciate it." I said, patting Laxus on the back. He's so much more buffer then I saw him last time. I told everyone the news about me leaving. Except Lucy. In fact I kept her distracted by insisting to go shop with Mavis in town. And get ice cream. It was hard to get her away. She would question me on and on before she left with Mavis. "Why don't you come?" Or "Is something wrong? What are you gonna do?" It was hard to not open my big mouth and just tell her. Luckily, everyone went on board with me.

They supported me.

Gray and Erza hugged me or death. And Sting was crying all over my shoulder.

Yukino wished me luck. Lisanna took it well except when I asked everyone not to tell Lucy about me leaving. She immediately got cranky and glared at me. I tried to pretend I didn't notice.

Laxus helped me out a couple times in high school. He was my friend. He's close friends with Mira. Lisanna's older sister. Who's also close with Erza. So we all know him and what he's like. Serious, introverted and not to be messed with. But he could crack a few jokes here and there. He's got a sense of humor just like the rest of us.

He shakes his head and nods. "No problem, Natsu. Also good luck. Seriously, this is an amazing opportunity. Better not blow it." He warned me. I grinned and told him I wouldn't. He slowly smiled back.

"Alright. Got everything you need?"

"Yep. Thanks! I'll see you soon!" I shouted already leaving inside the airport with my duffel bag over my shoulder.

That was a few months ago.

I'm drinking down my water bottle. My insides on fire. Sweat drips down on every part of my body. It's just me inside this ring. My coach is Gildarts. Who knew? He said he's just filling in. For a very long time. But I have no doubt he was lying about having connections and he's actually the real deal and I never knew.

"Come on, you gotta get up. I'm still standing. And look at you. You're almost a dead man. Don't you want to get better? Stand up!"

"I'm not giving up...just give me a damn second will you!?" I growl back at him. "Everyone needs a breather now and then."
But I'm already standing up and blocking my face as he throws his fist into the core of my stomach. I aim at his face, moving swiftly to the side just in time before he can get me down on the stomach once again.

"Better! Now come on! Harder! Give me everything you've got! Once you're out there you better not give up. Not under my name!" And then I grunt as I tackle him at the stomach and bring him down. "I won't go easy on you!" He laughs, his fists aiming toward me down the lower of my abdomen.

"Ok. We're done for the day. Here. This drink's full of those needed electrolytes." He said, as I'm sitting down with a towel on my shoulder. I take the drink he offers me and it's a better replacement for my water. It helps with my dizzy like heaviness that clouds my head. "Thanks." I huff, breathing better now.

"No, thank you Natsu." Gildarts cackles. "You've really improved. I can tell. Still have some issues with regenerating. But hey that can be easily sustained." He elbows me lightly in the stomach. I grin. "Yeah."

He gets a call from his wife and he answers. "Yes, honey? Oh. That's right. Yeah, I know. Sorry, I'll get to you soon." He looks pained. He hangs up and sighs. "Problems with your wife?" I say, curious.