"31"

"Natsu! What the hell are you doing here?" That voice I know right away belongs to Gray Fullbuster. He swinged back the bathroom stall door to fast it smacked the metal behind it. He smiles at me, while squirting soap into his hands and turning on the tap. This salon is rented for the girls and their birthday party today. And let me just say it's a huge building with a lot of bathrooms. Remind me again why I went to one of the many that Gray's in. The bathroom has low lightning and even the toilet bathroom looks expensive.

There's some artificial green plants used for decor. It smells unrealistically like lavender and other scents that don't make you overwhelmingly gag.

I splash my face with cold water and dry my face off with some paper towels. "It's a bathroom. What the fuck else would I do?"

"I didn't even think you would come." Gray frowns, then as I move aside he dries off his hands. The paper crunching under his quick rub off.

"Why would I not? Mirajane and Lisanna are like family as much as I'd like to not come. I have to. We've known each other forever. You know that. That's why you're here too, dumbass."

"First don't call me dumbass, dumbass. And second of all I only came because Juvia insisted. Let me tell you something Natsu. Sometimes you have to stop hanging with people because you have history. The world's a great big place. I plan on traveling all sorts of countries—"

"And one of those countries will you have you imprisoned for their laws against indecency." I said, purposely emphazing the word and getting in his face and leaning away as he shoots me one of his 'infamous' moves that only work on girls. Or specifically Juvia. Running his hand through his jet black hair and sighing.

"That's irrelevant. I only do that because it gets hot." He says, and I snort at his excuse. "You might not care but if Juvia asks for me—in any way. Don't answer. Go tell Lucy that too. Their especially friends after all."

"Hold on, why?" I say, he stares at me and looks away stretching his arms and taking them around to his back.

"What do you know? you actually care."

"Gray. Keep up this cold, mysterious macho attitude up and you're never going to get the girl. Let alone get married."

"Pfft. Married? I'm young right now. I don't have the interest at heart. Once marriage settles in. Let me just say you're no longer even free. Marriage is for old people."

"No, it's not for old people. It's for two committed people that actually love each other. Understand each other to the point of infinity—"

"Whatever, Natsu. I'm sure you wouldn't want to get married right away. I mean, you already have a kid and you're like twenty. You were like what eighteen when you found out about Nashi? Do you really want to cut your freedom that short already? It's enough with trying to find a babysitter to watch over Nashi while you get just a tiny bit of time for yourself no?"

"I'm not cutting anything short Gray. In fact, ever since Nashi was born things were just getting started." I said, sure of it.

His grayish black eyes widen at me with shock either that or maybe he just caught onto me. Which he did actually. "Wait...Natsu are you going to propose to Lucy?"

"Not what I said Gray." I sang, as I leave the bathroom. And he shouts. "Dick. She's my friend. Who said you can marry her??"

"You said it. Friend. Friends don't have power over who their friends marry." I snapped. "And besides you and Lucy are hardly close. What do you care?" I said in a huff, as I walked away into the the large crowd of people and their formal fancy clothing that consists of elegant party dresses and suits of all colors and styles. But I do have a plan of purposing to Lucy. And it's waiting to come out.