"36"

Slow updates 'cause of school. :( but Thank you for the votes and the funny comments that I enjoy reading!
"Who's the cutest baby girl I've ever seen? Yes, that's right. You're the cutest baby girl I've ever seen. Yes you are!" I tell Nash in the best baby voice I could make up. I cradle her in my arms. One hand holding her tightly around her little tummy. My other hand reaching for the bottle she threw on the floor. Someone had a little tantrum.  Maybe she's sleepy that's probably why. Either that or she just wants food and attention. Just like mommy, who knew? And everyone thinks Nashi's just like me.

"Don't spoil her now, Natsu. She knows right from wrong. You need to teach her that throwing her bottle is not good behavior. She needs discipline just as she needs love and attention." Zeref tells me as he shakes the garbage bag ready to throw it out. "You're just like Mavis, always allowing bad behavior..." he added more quietly.

"Here, I'll take out the trash. It's the least—wait a second. What's that suppose to mean?" I say, giving him a weird look as he takes Nashi from my arms and carries her the same way I do. Hand over belly and other hand at the bottom.

"Oh, forget I said anything..." he slowly smiles. There's no denying it. He's been a bad boy with Mavis lately hasn't he? That's why he said that. 'Cause Mavis allows it. Oh disgusting, my brother being rough when—oh god that's disgusting. I close my eyes and then blink. "I'm suppose to be supportive of you...big brother....but holy shit. That's a thought I don't want to EVER have. I'll be back."

I walk outside and toss the garbage away. When I walk back into my brother's house. My phone starts buzzing in my back pocket. I bring out my phone and my heart almost skips a beat seeing how close I was to dropping it on the hard floor. "Hey, Gildarts. What's going on? I should be back on Sunday."

"Oh kid, do I have some news for you. You went up against someone in an unofficial match and guess what? You've got a whole damn fan base. You're almost famous, Natsu. Do you know what this means? You're going to be one of the most professional boxers in the city." He says, and my eyes go wide as my hand loosens and I almost drop my phone again. "Official match. Tomorrow against Acnologia. You can't miss this chance. He's a big deal. If you beat him you could possibly win over 100k in money. That's a whole ton. I believe in you, Natsu. Are you up for it?"

Over 100k. I could get all that? For Nashi. For Lucy and her college needs. We could finally move out my brother's house and get our own. I could officially propose to Lucy even though I know her reaction could possibly be dangerous. Such as a punch right in the nose due to shock. We could pay back Zeref for everything's he's done for us. And all for doing what I love? The thrill of blood, sweat and tears. "Also. They need some new girls for the showcase. Why not Lucy and some other chick? After all having your girl there to support you has to be motivating."

"I'm going to do it. Whether I win or lose. You're right about me not missing this chance. I can't miss it. Nashi, Lucy they need me. Say no more, I'll tell Lucy everything. Thanks man, talk to you in the morning before I leave."

"Alright, kid." And I make a victory 'yes' as I stretch out my arm. Hand closed in a fist and bring it quick. Hurting the area around my bicep a bit. But I can't contain my excitement. I can finally repay back my brother and Lucy, me and Nash can finally live alone like a real family.

Just as I about to walk right in. I can hear someone's footsteps run towards me. And that's when her arms go around me and hug me in a tight embrace. "Lucy? Holy shit. You scared me. Where the hell did you come from?" I start to chuckle with relief. I hadn't even noticed her get dropped off or anything.

"That's because I'm secretly Batman—"

"Wait, really?"

She laughs. "I love how supportive you are over the stupidest things I say. Anyways, that's besides the point. Erza called me...she confessed about what happened. And the reason you hurt Jellal was to protect her..."