"47"

Yay. 70k. Don't know how. This is a crappy plot line.

"With Cana?!"  I said a little loud that got Levy to purse her lips in confusion and look at me with a skeptical look. "Uh, yeah, why?" I realized my loud mouth and played it off with a grin. "Oh no reason. Say Levy could I ask you something?" I stretched myself out of the bed. Luckily, Nashi slept cozily. She looked cozy. She looked adorable and precious asleep on her little tummy.

"Yeah, sure." She said, and I've already known this girl is the type that always remains enthusiastic.

"I feel like this is asking for too much, but, do you remember how me and Lucy got along before I lost my memory? I mean were we close friends? No, I mean we probably were...together at some point?" And the takeaway was the existence of Nashi. And her beautiful obvious genes. I know I said to myself that I didn't want to have everyone be stressed out because Touka said we ended up badly. But Levy won't tell anyone else if I tell her not to, I'm sure of it.

"Well, why haven't you asked everyone else? Haven't they've already told you about you and Lucy's relationship?"

"Well I haven't asked. I just don't want to trouble everyone. Mainly because someone told me that we ended up badly and that affected everyone so it's for the best?"

"You and Lu ended up badly?" She frowned, but she had surprise in her dark hazel eyes.

"Well, that's what someone told me. I don't want to say her name though."

"Well I don't know. Maybe you guys did end up badly after being together for a long time. I remember you guys all over each other in high school though. That was cute of you both." She said, as she glanced up and down. Recalling memories with nostalgic voice. "Sting always teased you both. Lucy would always go on and on about you."

"Oh, really?" I said, wanting to hear more. But she stopped right there with a chuckle. "Yeah. Though I don't know what happened after we parted after graduation. With you guys. You should just ask Lucy—"

"No can do." I said. "What if it's true? And things ended up terribly between us?"

"Well that's when you use your brilliant thinking and use your memory loss as a clean slate to start all over and make things right with her." Levy says, "I mean. If you ever considered the idea?" She looks at me with her eyebrows raised.

"You know what that's very true. And I'm about to go talk to Lucy right now. Now that I remember she also had something to tell me but you arrived and she forgot to tell me what it was about."

"Yeah! You go, girl! I mean, uh, you go dude!?" She cheered for me as I walked out the room. But then I walked backwards realizing that Nashi's alone in the room. "Hold on, Levy, could you stay and watch Nashi for me? Sorry maybe I should just—"

"No! It's fine! I'll watch her. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Go talk with Lucy. I'll watch Nashi for you. Just here, take Gray his laptop he's been waiting for it. Must be wondering if I got fell and couldn't get up or something." She giggles. I took the laptop from her hands and nodded. I was going to give it to Gray. But he was no where I could find him. Which was weird? Maybe he left or something. Sting wasn't anywhere either. I heard laughing until I walked right into one of Gray's spare bedroom.

What do you know? There was Lucy on the bed. Sitting cross-legged on the phone. She lifted her chin until she saw me. "Woah!" She yelped, she was startled. She almost dropped the phone out of her hands. But she grabbed ahold of it and looked up at with a smile. "Yeah no I'm fine. It's just some particular pink haired guy decided to scare the shit out of me."

"Wait! Natsu? Crap. He's awake. I thought he was looking out for Nashi? Shouldn't he be watching her right now??"  Now that was the voice of an overly possessive chick named Cana. Lucy must've just put her on speaker.

"She's under the care of a very trusting friend named Levy, right now. Thank you for your concern, Cana Alberona. Now if you don't mind—me and Lucy are going to have a little chat." I took the phone from Lucy's hand and smirked as I teased and emphasized 'little chat' Hey, she deserves it. She gave me the chance. I've got myself some alone time with Lucy.

I heard Cana say something in a rush of words but I already pressed decline and gave Lucy her phone back. She gave me a skeptical look. "What do you mean by 'little chat'? Did I do you dirty or something? That you're mad at me? Because last time I checked—"

"No, you didn't do anything." I said, sitting down besides her.

"Then? What do you want to talk about? Wait, do you remember something? Have you gotten your memories back? Is that it??" She looks hopeful. Her brown eyes are wide, eyebrow-raising. She's scooted closer to me.

"No, that's not it..." I said, afraid I'd disappoint her. And just like that I did. She looked away from me. She tried to hide that sigh but her shoulders gave it away. I think it meant a lot to her. My memories. If that's the case how could we have ended up badly if she wants me to remember so badly?

"Um—you were gonna tell me something earlier, Lucy. So what is it?"

"Huh?"

"Oh yeah! Jesus I forgot to mention. Nashi's birthday is tomorrow. So I think we should plan a little celebration for tomorrow. You know to celebrate her birthday—"

"Well obviously." I interrupted with a grin.

She pressed her lips together, squinting her eyes at me as she lightly pushes me on the shoulder. "Anyways. That's about it. She's turning two. I haven't told everyone. Except you. It's such a hassle having to tell everyone. We need to like get them together at the same time—"

"Lucy, I've got something to tell you."

"Oh? Sure what's up—"

"Hello! Look what I've brought!" With the swing of the door open. Cana steps into the room. Look at her. Smiling because she knew she arrived just on time. I glared at her. But before I could say anything she stood in front of Lucy and took a plastic container with cheesecake inside from a brown paper bag. Lucy lighted up like a Christmas tree. "Yes! You know just what I like!" Okay, that was ok.

"Mmm, just marry me already please!!" Lucy said with a forkful of cheesecake. Okay, that wasn't.

"Gladly!" Cana sang out. 

"I shouldn't eat here, though." Lucy said as she lifted herself from the bed.

"Wait! Lucy I've gotta tell you something." I said, maybe a little too desperately as I grabbed her wrist. She almost dropped her fork but she didn't in the end. "Oh yeah, sorry." She said, as she swallowed.

"What is it?"

"Could I talk with you in private?" I said, looking at Lucy with the obvious fact that I meant she had to tell Cana to shoo the fuck away. Cana has her arms crossed her chest. Her eyebrow arched, in a challenging way.

"Cana take this for me. Natsu wants to talk." Lucy says, shoving the plastic container in Cana's hands. Cana takes it but not keeping her pissed off eyes on me.

"Sure. But you're just gonna miss me, aren't ya?" Cana teased. As she kissed Lucy on the cheek. Lucy looked surprised, she got flustered. "Woah! Wasn't expecting that. Or was I?" Lucy laughs it off. But I wish my eyes could shoot lasers. Because right about now they'd be aiming at Cana.

"Okay, I'll leave now." Cana said, annoyed. She actually did leave.

"Great, ok. Here why don't you sit down?" I said as I walked behind her until she plopped back down on the bed.

"I was already going to, yes."

"Lucy, did we end badly? Before I lost all my memory?" I asked. It was too straightforward because she looked instantly confused. But she didn't take long to understand. "Oh-well—"

"LUCYYY!!!" Cana barged into the room. We both whipped our eyes at her. What the actual fuck?

"You're not going to believe this. Come with me right now." Cana said as she picked up Lucy by grabbing her wrist. Forcing Lucy to stand up. "Hey, I'm trying to talk to Lucy right now." I said, angrily. But she already rushed up Lucy. Lucy glanced at me apologetically, "Wait—ugh—Cana!"

"No, I'm not letting this happen." I said to myself as I stalked out of the room. Following them.