"27"

"Dude. I had your baby. YOUR BABY." Lucy says, covering her ears and panicking even though that's old news. Well, new for me. Lucy sits down on the bed, her eyes wide, she looks up at me and runs a hand through her bangs. "I seriously can't believe it. I didn't even know you could love a baby so much that your willing to sacrifice your sleep, hunger, freedom? Still, I don't regret it. Nashi is everything. Every. Thing." She punctuates those words while giving me a stubborn look in her eyes. Those pretty brown eyes.

"And I guess I don't mean shit, right? I mean, she's practically all yours in fact." I said, angry. Maybe I'm jealous. Lucy spent a year with our baby daughter and I? I didn't even know I had a daughter the entire time. A cute baby girl that I didn't even know existed until today. TODAY.

"Natsu. I would've told you about Nashi—"

"But you didn't!" I grab ahold of her shoulders. So she can see how she's hurt me with this. I look desperately in her eyes, she doesn't falter. She just looks surprised and slowly tries to sympathize with me. But it's not enough. "Lucy. I could've been there for you. Both of you." I grab her wrist and push it to my chest where my heart is. Closing my eyes, I lean my forehead gently on hers.

I feel her soft hand on my cheek as she speaks calmly. "But you've been there for us. I mean, you'll be here for us now. Because that new job of yours will help pay for the things we need to take care of Nashi."

"Natsu. I took photos—well Sting took photos. Of me and Nashi. A whole year of photos. Her first meal. Her first walk. Everything. In fact, stay here. I'll be right back." My eyes go wide as I lean away and she leaves the room. I prop my elbows on my knees rubbing my eyes.

"Lucy—" I almost shouted as she crashed into me through the bedroom door way. She looks up from my chest, takes two hooping steps back and laughs. A fat book held up by both her hands. "I said I'll be back. Come." Zeref walks behind her, along with Mavis. Both of them give me a warm smile, as Lucy drags me by the wrist onto the bed. We plop down and she slowly opens the book.

"Wait. Is that?" I say, she nods.

"Photo album. So you wouldn't have to miss anything. Natsu. Lucy knew how you would feel so she made it for you. I mean, I helped most of the time." Zeref's eyes slowly trail away to Mavis. But she looks at me with pride. "I did too!"

"Of course you did." Zeref smiled, wrapping his arm around her small waist. Mavis leaned into his chest and grinned. "Wait until you see the milkshake one. It's the cutest but messiest one. I remember that like it was yesterday. But Nashi is just starting to grow. So you won't miss any more of her. So don't be too down, 'kay Natsu?" Mavis flashes me a cheery grin.

"See this is the one. She dumped the milkshake on her head. Oh, what makes it funnier is that you can still see the cherry on top." Lucy chuckles. She handed me the book and I look at pictures of Nashi on my lap. I turn page after page. Lucy lays against my shoulder with me the whole time as I break down in joyful tears. "My baby girl..." I choked out. Lucy gave me a hard pinch in the arm, I glanced to see her, eyebrows brought together, skin softly crinkled with a bit of a glare. "You mean our baby girl."

I chuckle, wiping myself with my arm. When Sting walks in. "Oh. I guess you've seen the pictures, right?" He says, his dark blue eyes wide and his arms outstretched like it's his nature to expect a hug. But yeah I hug him. He hugs me uncomfortably to long and I start to get pissed. "Yeah. Okay. No homo." I shake my head as I finally manage to rip off his grasp. He laughs. "It's just wow. You're a father!"