"49"

I'm updating after this like right away.

LUCY'S P.O.V
At Nashi's birthday party things were great. Erza helped me with the preparations like she promised she would. We had decided that Cana's place was the perfect place. Not her apartment but her parent's house. Which was large, had an outdoor pool. The house was huge and made a cozy little celebration in the backyard. I didn't think it was right to have Nashi's birthday party at her parents house.

But Cana insisted they didn't mind. I was convinced she was just lying and didn't give a shit she just wanted to make me happy. Plus that grin definitely gave it away. But anyways it was a great thing that Nashi's birthday was on a Saturday.

So I didn't have any classes to interfere with my little baby girl's special day. I climbed down the latter while I hung up the bright lights. The finishing touches, and they lit up quite nicely.

It looked so freaking magical. And everyone came looking amazing.

Sting had on his white tuxedo with a black bow tie a smug grin on his face as he hugged me and tickled Nashi in my arms. Nashi already could walk, but I can't help but carry her in my arms.

I just want to keep her safe. Yukino has her elbow entangled with Sting's and she looked stunning with a tight silver dress on. "Yukino! You look so beautiful!" I exclaimed as I hugged her. She had a shy smile on her face. She always reminded me of a fairy or a pixie. With her pixie cut and shy and giggly personality. "Happy birthday to your little one, Lucy. She's gotten so big and she's just so cute!" She made a awe laugh as she smiled at Nashi.

Nashi smiled back with a little giggle.

"IT'S THE CIRCLE OF LIFE." Sting was singing very loud and terribly as he stood on top of the table. Where everyone was eating by the way. As he carried Nashi his hands under her armpits. She didn't mind but I was scared he would drop her so I kept prancing around, my hand to my forehead and breathing in deeply: "Sting, please just don't drop her dude!"

It was a great time. And everyone laughed. We all talked about school and drama at the table. We found out that Gray was right. Jellal was framed. He never cheated on Erza. Some girl that hated Erza over something stupid, had planned to get back at her. So she framed Jellal to making it look like he cheated on her. So Erza was relieved and said she was crying and arrived at his doorstep one morning at night.

She didn't think it was possible.

But Jellal forgave her. And they kissed. They hugged and cuddled and fell asleep. And me, Levy, Juvia and Yukino shrieked with overwhelming happiness for Erza. The guys looked annoyed, but Natsu looked confused. Plainly confused. He actually looked so cute with that expression on his face. I never once stopped glancing at Natsu that entire time. And it didn't help that seeing as a cute petite young schoolgirl named Touka was there.

Sat next to him and both looked sincerely like they were having the time of their lives. And I felt a pang of pain that came from my heart. This is exactly what I was afraid of. Natsu lost all memory of not only his life but along with every single memory we had together. It cut me in the inside.

I was hurting the entire time. But I played it off and just tried to take care of Nashi and have a great time with everyone. So yeah he lost all memory of Erza and Gray and I wasn't the only one hurting. But he was the love of my life.

As cheesy as it sounds that fucking asshole meant everything to me.

I loved his childish grins, cocky remarks, the way he expressed himself in front of all of the people that meant the world to him. His spiky hair...the warmth of his tan skin. I just missed my best friend. And maybe I missed him so much I had to avoid him when he woke up from a coma. Because I was afraid it'd hurt. Like right now. But there was no escaping it.

Because that pain just sneaked it's way in anyway.

At some point, I found a place to sit near the pool. The lights illuminating the water. With Nashi in my lap and as she played around with a stuffed bunny that Sting gave her as a special gift, my eyes welled up with overwhelming thoughts. Of course, it was so stupid of me to think we'd always be together. How so fucking unrealistic is that.

I was startled as I felt the clear weird liquid that came from my eyes drip down my cheek; Gray just sat next to me.

I wiped away my tears as quick as possible and breathed in sharply.

"Gray. Where's Juvia?"

"She went to the bathroom. I told her we should go home—"

"Oooh." I sang, with a chuckle.

"N-No! I mean, I was just gonna give her a ride home since she looked really tired...I mean she looked beautiful—but y-know—sleepy..."

I just laughed. Nashi kept whining happily waving around the bunny.

"So what's up?" I said, with yet another chuckle. I regretted saying anything because I just made a trembling breath. Which gave in even more the fact that I was just crying now.

"Lucy...you look sad. What's wrong? Shouldn't you be happy. You looked so happy today even. I'm surprised to see you crying right now—so what happened?"

"I was just thinking..." I said, quickly. Thank god everyone head inside and there wasn't anyone to notice me crying right now. Especially Natsu. Before he left inside he had walked over to me and said if I wanted to walk with him inside. Which is funny because Natsu would never ask. He would've just grabbed my wrist and dragged me around. With a grin on his face. I told him I was going to stay outside. And before he could sit down and stay with me too, Touka convinced him somehow to go inside.

I think he kept glancing back before he could head inside.

"About you know—Natsu—and—" I started choking up in tears. My chest felt heavy and everyone I swallowed the lump in my throat just hurt even worse. Breathing was hard. But I took a few breaths in as much as I could. Just as Gray was about to comfort me. Juvia walked over. "Gray, I'm ready to go now." She paused. "Lucy, sweetie!" Juvia crouched in front of me and gave me a hug. It was pretty loose with Nashi in the middle.

"What the FUCK!?" I heard Cana shout. I heard the grass crunch as she started running probably towards us. "Lucy! Why are you crying? Who made you cry? Who made Lucy cry?" She asked lastly this time at Gray. He didn't answer. Cana pulled me into a hug, Juvia stood up. Nashi made it hard for Cana to hug me but I didn't care.

"I'm an emotional hormonal mess! Please guys, don't tell anyone I've been crying! Especially—especially Natsu..." I whispered the last part but Cana heard clearly and perfectly she grew in flames.

"That idiot made you cry!" She shouted. Then calmly, regaining herself said: "Gray, Juvia. Go home. I'll take care of Lucy right now."

"Okay." Gray said. He kept his eyes on me and he looked angry. Not at me though. Obviously. He was probably angry at Natsu. But it isn't his fault. "Lucy. Get some rest. Feel better alright?" And then Juvia smiled softly at me and nodded. They both left.

"They're so going to bang aren't they?" I laughed through tears under my breath watching them leave together as Cana kissed my forehead and laughed along. "Most likely."

And I don't know, but between laughing, sniffling, and crying and stopping and then laughing again. Cana and I spent an hour speaking to each other. She reassured me, said I was amazing and I didn't need Natsu anyway. Nashi eventually fell asleep in my lap. And I slowly got up, holding her gently but with a grip in my arms. "I should go now. Sorry, I won't be able to help you clean up right now. But I'll come in the morning?"

"Yeah sure don't worry about it." She said, in that same reassuring tone. She helped with the pain, and I couldn't have been any more grateful. And that must've been why I didn't react harshly like I would've being me. And because I felt like I could trust Cana wholeheartedly.

That she smiled at me with a passionate glint in her eyes and pressed her lips onto mine. One of her hands on my shoulder. A quick but long passionate kiss. That filled me with surprise and almost immediately took away all the tiredness I had. I never kissed a girl.

But all I saw Cana was as a friend. A close friend. And now I'm so worried she's mistaken my feelings towards her. Oh shit what do I do??