"44"

Thanks again for the tremendous support. Xoxo OwO

"Cana. Could you know maybe—fuck off!?" I said as she interrupted me and Lucy's conversation with Nashi in Lucy's lap. We've been sitting down on the sofa for the past hour since we've gotten back from the crappy hospital that smelled off and all amongst other things.

Cana didn't just interrupt us. She interrupted me mostly. And proceeded to jump in between us. Her hair almost got into my eye but I dodged as quick as possible with an annoyed grunt.

"He's so disrespectful," Cana looks at Lucy but judging by Lucy's apologetic expression towards me. I can tell she rolled her eyes at me probably. "What did you even see in him!" Her hand landed on her lap with a loud slap.

"Lucy," Zeref walked into the living room. He quickly sneezed before looking up at Lucy. "You're not moving out after all?"

"No—"

"Nope, she's not." I said a little to eager, I felt my face burn.

"Well that answers that." Lucy says.

"Oh thank god! It wouldn't be the same without you! And besides you're a big help around the house. Natsu can't even manage to wash the dishes without breaking the glass plates. He's broken countless mugs. My mugs." He grunts, picking up the remote from the round glass coffee table.

He grins wide at Lucy, "I'm really glad you decided to stay."

"Not me..." I heard Cana mutter grumpily crossing her arms and lifting her legs into a comfortable position. I couldn't help but smirk in victory at her. She gave me the stink eye. The side eye. If she had a knife she wouldn't have hesitated to stab me right then and there.

I guess Lucy didn't hear Cana. Because she just casually keeps talking to Zeref. "I passed my exam today."

"You did!" Zeref said, with a genuine expression.

Lucy nodded. "Yeah! And well I failed it firstly. After two times. But I guess this final time after countless of hours studying I got it right!"

"I'm so happy for you, Lucy. You make me proud. I even remember you saying and I quote: "fuck this shit. I'm done." And here you are. You didn't give up. I think you deserve a little celebration don't you guys think?"

"Absolutely!" Cana roars with great enthusiasm as she beams at Lucy.

Freaking try-hard.

I find myself smiling while watching Lucy glow with a happy expression. She's being awfully cute right now.

"Why don't I go make your favorite dish Lucy? Rotisserie Chicken with some cheesy mashed potatoes. Oh and let's not forget those grilled buttered green beans you like." Okay, my brother knows Lucy's favorite dish?

"Fucking yum!" Lucy exclaimed, tossing one of the sofa's pillows back down. She stood up, with an eager attitude, Nashi is whiny so Lucy struggles holding her up right. "Allow me to help!" She sings, and I guess there's something wrong with enjoying Lucy's company because Cana pinches me in the back of my neck and I wither away from her with a hiss.

Zeref gives me a look. "Well. If you want to help. Because you don't have to—"

"Oh but I want to! Cooking is really fun too. At least I think so. Let me just go get Nashi to bed." And she walks away to the room While Zeref leaves to go into the kitchen.

I growl at Cana, "What was that for?"

"For eye fucking Lucy. You dirty pervert! I noticed you kept staring at her—"