"35"

Thanks for the votes. It motivates me to continue to write...♥️

For once Lucy doesn't straight up smack me or continue to say how much of an idiot I am. Which confirms the fact that she's upset with me. Erza stands in front of me as I sit down and rest my head into my arms propped up on my knees. "I don't like the way you just acted. There was no reason for you to act like that—"
"There is though." I say, stopping her. Would she believe me? Yes, she probably would. I don't act out for no reason. Erza knows this.

"What? What could've he done? Oh let me guess, he likes his coffee with whip cream. So when you saw him with the can you tackled him just because of your non-sweetness. Just looking for things little of importance to hate him? Huh?" She's frustrated. But I'm glad she didn't give in to crying. "So please, Natsu. Tell me. 'Open my eyes' what on earth could he have possibly done wrong?" She speaks with genuine disappointment. Urging me to explain.

So I do. "There was a call...I overheard Jellal. He said he was planning to break up with you because...he..." I massage my hair as I slowly look up at her. Her eyes on mine with eagerness.

"Well?"

"He said he was someone else...the day of the party..."

She absorbs this. Her eyes flashing with all sorts of emotions. She lets out a choke, and just when I'm about to comfort her she glares at me. "I hate how you're right about everything, Natsu." And she stands up hastily.

"Where are you going?" I ask, as she grabs her bag.

"To go confront him of course. I just might catch him in time—" and she walks quickly away. Then running out the hospital doors. I sigh, leaning back and rubbing down the skin around my eyes. I hope she punches him and strangled him once she sees him. But ever since she's been all over him without even using words. She loves the bastard. I'm not sure she'll bring herself to even slap him.

"Natsu! What happened? Is Erza okay? Why'd she run off like that?" Gray runs up to me, Juvia careful not to bump with a nurse crossing the hallway with him.

"Jellal." I say with a dark tone. "He betrayed her."

"No way! There's no way! You don't understand. He's with Erza. Erza has a ton of enemies. Trust me, they must have set him up at that party that night. Trust me, Natsu. Jellal's incredibly honest and open. He only seems mysterious now—"

"So you trust him??" I spat back at him. "Gray, you hardly know the guy."

"There has to be a way to help him...oh! Meldy! She might know what to do!" Gray lights up with an idea. Juvia supports him by returning him just the same hopeful smile. "Let's call her then." And they both walk off with a rush. Could it be? Jellal fell for a trap? There's no way...Gray doesn't know what he's talking about.

I'm looking down. My head down. But then I hear that familiar giggle I've always heard. "So, listen. Do you happen to have any markers we could use?" Lucy says with that silly mischief tone I know. She's standing right in front of the nurses. Rogue besides her. "Please, we'll give them right back." He adds. The nurse considers their request and offers them some colorful permanent markers.

"Awesome thanks." Lucy taps a yellow marker with Rogue's. "Time for a little revenge." They almost walk past me but luckily Lucy stops and notices me.

"Natsu? What are you still doing here? You're suppose to be at home now. I'll head right after you in awhile." I walk gradually over to them. "What are you two up to?" I say, reaching for Lucy's hand. She catches on quick and pulls her hand away. I sigh in defeat. She's still upset with me. I wonder, would she still be upset if she knew all I was doing was looking out after my sister? Maybe that's exactly what I should do. Tell her what happened. She doesn't even know what Jellal did. Maybe Lucy would be on side after she realizes what he did to Erza.

"Not much."

"We're about to draw on Sting's sleeping face."

Lucy and Rogue look at each other. Lucy laughs it off. So while Lucy is simply telling me the truth, Rogue has other plans. I've become a bit more skeptical of him right after him saying that. "Could I help?" I grin.

"Um, but you need to—" Lucy says, what do you know? Rogue thinks he can speak for her.

"I think Lucy wants you to go home. Nashi's waiting for her daddy after all."

"Um. So how's that any of your business?" I say, starting to become a little more agitated with him. "Come on. I want to hang out with you guys too. Can't I, huh buddy?" I take one of the marker out of his hands and shove him a bit too hard he stumbles forward. He makes a 'oh' sound.

"Fine. Why don't we just both go home then." Lucy says, with a little bit of nose scrunch. Minus the sass that punctured at the end of her sentence. I made a BIG mistake by saying the wrong thing. "That's a great idea. I'm starving, come with me—" but she easily slipped away from my grip. "Natsu! I don't want to leave. Geez, why can't you understand that? And have you already forgotten that I'm angry with you! You didn't have to punch Jellal like that! One punch was enough, but you just sat on top of him like he was—some freaking punching bag—why can't you understand that you can't always punch people whenever you feel like it? Do you want to end up in prison?? Huh?!" Lucy's long speech just made me realize she's been really worried about me deep down. "You're so lucky that Jellal isn't planning on putting charges against you..."

"Lucy." I say, suddenly transforming into 'teddy bear mode' but that doesn't cut it for Lucy. She pushes me on the chest and away from her personal space. "I don't want to lose you. Both me and Nashi. Especially over something completely reckless and stupid. Just think it through next time for your sake and everyone else's."

"Okay. I promise I'll do that." I say, softly smiling at her. She smiles just a little bit but I saw. I put my hand on Rogue's shoulder before I walk out, he startles himself for a moment.

"Sorry about this."

He nods.