Prologue

So far so good. I hadn't so much as brushed up against another person, and it was two minutes until first period so the halls were scattered with only a few students.

What class was I in again?

I looked down at my schedule and scanned the sheet for the room number of period one - math, and just as I found it I walked into something solid. Surely there wasn't a pole in the middle of the hallway so that could only mean one thing.

My heart sank as I looked up at the person I ran into and my eyes locked with the annoyed ones of Liam Coleman. The school's very own bad boy and the last person I wanted collide with.

Well, here goes nothing.

"Can I kiss you?" I asked, trying to make my voice sound more confident than I felt.

His face was a mixture of shock and confusion, but he slowly nodded to give me permission.

Without hesitation I crashed my lips to his.

We were both frozen at first but he quickly recovered and snaked his arms around my waist to pull me closer. Our lips moved in perfect synchronization and just as the kiss was about to deepen the bell rang and broke the spell.

I couldn't meet his eyes as I ran past him and down the empty hallway towards my class. I just kept wishing this was all some terrible nightmare that I could wake up from.