Chapter Eight

After my weird day with Liam yesterday, I finally decided what I needed to do.

I'll talk to him at lunch and tell him that I think it's best that we just forget we ever kissed, or met.

But now that it's lunch time I'm having doubts.

He could be a great and exciting new friend, but I'd rather be safe than do something fun and probably illegal.

I just wish his face wasn't so nice to look at. I'm really going to miss it.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Stephanie asked.

I told her my plan earlier today and she seemed skeptical about it. She really thinks I can complete the three kisses but at this point I just don't think it's worth it.

I wish I had Lisa's opinion on all of this too but she's still sick so I didn't want to bother her.

"Yeah." I replied confidently, although I was feeling anything but.

"Good luck." She said as I got up.

I gave her one last smile before I walked over to Liam's table, which consisted of him, Garrett, and Leo.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked, looking straight into Liam's stupidly beautiful golden brown eyes.

"Yeah sure, guys could you give us a minute?" Liam replied, and without a word his friends got up and left.

"What's up?" He asked once we were alone and I was sat across from him.

I gulped as I tried to find the right words to say.

"I think we should go back to the way things were before I ever kissed you." I finally said.

Liam's eyebrows scrunched in confusion, "Where is this coming from? I thought you had fun yesterday."

I shook my head, "I did have fun yesterday. It's just that I have to look out for myself and I don't want to be involved with anyone that does bad things. I think you're a good guy, just not someone I can be friends with."

Hurt darkened Liam's eyes as he took in my words.

The look on his face almost made me take back everything I said just so I could see him happy again.

"I was only trying to do you a favour anyway. You obviously have a crush on me, since you did kiss me after all. I was just going with it so I didn't hurt your feelings." Liam spat, his eyes now void of emotion and masking everything he was feeling.

What he said hurt me, but I guess I deserve that after everything I've said to him. One minute I'm laughing with him and the next I'm telling him I want nothing to do with him.

I had this coming to me.

"I'm sorry." I whispered as I got up to leave.

His emotionless mask dropped just long enough for me to see that he was torn up about this, but in the blink of an eye it was back up.

"How'd it go?" Steph asked when I sat back down at our table.

"About as well as you thought it would." I mumbled.

I twirled my red hair around my finger as I waited for lunch to end. I really didn't feel like being at school after my conversation with Liam, but I had no other choice. I just have to suck it up.

Soon the bell rang and I dragged myself to my next class, dreading the fact that Liam was also in it. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll skip.

Unfortunately that hope was crushed when he came strutting into class.