Chapter Twenty-Six

I was frozen in place, standing in the hallway in front of Lisa's door.

Did I really just see what I think I saw? Or was that just some kind of hallucination from the tea I drank earlier?

I really hope it was the tea.

The door opening shocked me back to reality and Leo came stumbling out of the bedroom, thankfully with shorts on.

Lisa followed after him, her usually happy blue eyes wide and panicked.

"I-I can explain." She stammered when she saw me standing there, dumbfounded.

I silently walked into her room, and she trailed after me, closing the door behind us.

I almost sat on the bed, before remembering what was just going on in it, and chose to stand instead and wait for an explanation.

"When I left the bonfire it really was to go to sleep, but then Leo followed me and we started talking. It somehow slipped out that I really like Garrett and Leo had an idea that he thought would help Garrett notice me more." She rambled, pacing around the room nervously.

I stayed quiet and she continued, "He said if I fooled around with him he could brag about it to Garrett and that would make Garrett more attracted to me. I told him it wasn't a good idea since he's with Steph, but he said he's going to break up with her because they're always fighting.  You have to believe that I wouldn't do anything with Leo if it was going to ruin his relationship with Steph."

I stared at Lisa, more dumbfounded than I was when I caught her with Leo. Why would either of them think that this was a good idea? Leo hasn't broken up with Steph yet, which means he just cheated on her, it doesn't matter that he's planning on breaking up with her.

"I wasn't thinking, I just really want Garrett to like me and then Leo kissed me and it felt so nice to be wanted by a guy. I just couldn't stop. I never meant for this to happen." She rambled some more, pleading with her eyes for me to forgive her.

I shook my head and backed up in disgust when she stepped towards me, "You should have said no, and then told Steph what happened. You should have pushed him away when he kissed you. How could you do that to our best friend?"

Tears welled up in her eyes at my words but I didn't care.

"Best friends don't hook up with each other's boyfriends. If that was Liam I would never forgive you. Steph will never forgive you." I spat, and then turned around to leave. I've said all I needed to say, now I have to figure out how to tell Steph.

"I'm sorry!" She cried after me.

I swung the door open without a word, and slammed it behind me once I was in the hallway. Lisa and Leo just ruined the vacation on the first day. I'm pissed.

I was barely any calmer when I made it back to the bonfire, but I managed to compose myself enough to conceal my anger. Before I tell Steph what I saw tonight, I want to get Liam's opinion on everything.

"Our saviour has returned! Now we will have a delicious sugary snack to feast on!" Steph cheered when she noticed me.

I froze mid-step.

I didn't get the marshmallows. I completely forgot why I even went back to the beach house once I caught Lisa and Leo.

"Actually I couldn't find them, but it's getting late and we shouldn't be eating sugar right now anyway." I quickly lied, avoiding Steph's stare as I sat down beside Liam.

"You're right, I have to watch what I eat since I'm going to be spending this week in a bikini." Steph replied, not sounding the slightest bit disappointed.