Bonus Scene: The Proposal

Liam

"I can't believe I actually let you blindfold me." Emma joked as I guided her through the woods, careful that she didn't trip or bump into any trees.

I smiled at the way her hands were stretched out in front of her to detect anything she could crash into, "I think you secretly love it."

I loved her blindfolded too, it gave me a chance to look at her as much as I wanted without her teasing me for it. I just wish I could see those beautiful eyes.

"I'm too anxious to love it." She countered, taking frustratingly small steps. At this rate we would never make it to the cabin.

I didn't reply, instead focusing on the trail ahead and trying my best to ignore the nerves knotting up my stomach. I'd never been so nervous for something in my whole life.

A cool spring breeze rushed past us, making Emma's fiery hair whip around us, and I felt her shudder beneath my hands, holding her shoulders to guide her.

I ran my hands up and down her arms to create some heat, "We're almost there."

Emma finally picked up the pace, and a few minutes later we made it to our destination.

"Stay right here." I instructed, stopping her in front of the door and then taking my hands away to retrieve the keys.

My palms were clammy from the nerves as I unlocked the door, and reaching for the handle I saw my hand slightly quiver.

Stay cool Liam I tried to calm myself. It didn't help one bit.

I swung the door open and then took my place behind Emma, hands on her shoulders, and guided her into the middle of the living room after closing the door behind us.

"Just give me one minute." I told her, grateful when she easily nodded. She's been so patient with me tonight.

I quickly pulled the lighter out of my pocket and went to work on lighting all the candles that decorated the room, and then switched the fairy lights on that Jenny suggested and helped me set up.

I briefly thought back to when I told Jenny what I was planning on doing, and smiled when the memory of her excited smile flashed in my mind. I'm so lucky to have these two amazing girls in my life.

Once I was finished, and standing in front of Emma, I froze. Was I really going to do this? Was I ready? Was she?

But as I studied her, every doubt left my mind. This woman makes me the happiest man alive. I couldn't even imagine my life without her, and I never wanted to. Her laugh, her smile, even her silly insults, make the world a better place. And she makes me a better person.

There was nothing but certainty running through me as I got down on one knee and pulled out the small box in my pocket, quietly opening it to reveal the diamond ring inside.

"You can take the blindfold off." I finally said, my voice never wavering. Any nerves I had vanished when the bandana wrapped around her head dropped and her eyes landed on me. Those are my favourite eyes in the world.

Her mouth popped open in surprise at the sight before her, as I began to speak.

"I love the way your nose crinkles when you smile, and the way you kick in your sleep.

"I love how obsessed with tea you are, and the fact that you brush your teeth in the shower because you're cleaning the rest of your body.

"I love how you make me want to be the best version of myself, and how much you care about Jenny.

"That night, years ago, when you and Jenny were taken, was the scariest night of my life. I thought I lost you both and I never want to feel that way again. I want you by my side, always, for the rest of my life.

"Emma Josephine Burns, will you marry me?"

For a second she just stood there, frozen in shock, and all the nerves I had before came rushing back. But then her eyes glazed with tears and she fell to her knees in front of me.

"Yes." She breathed, flinging herself into my arms.

The air left my lungs in disbelief. She said yes.

She said yes.

How did I get so lucky?

"I love you." I whispered into her hair, placing a lingering kiss on the top of her head.

"I love you too." She mumbled into my neck, and I could feel the wetness of her happy tears.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't cry in complete joy too.