Chapter Seven

I expected the cabin to have run down wooden furniture and no power, but much to my surprise it was decorated with modern furniture and it had electricity and running water.

If I had a place like this I'd never leave it.

"So, why are we here?" I asked, awkwardly standing in the middle of the living room because I didn't know what to do with myself.

Liam walked over to the kitchen and opened the fridge while he answered, "We're going to have a picnic."

I followed him into the kitchen and watched as he took out ingredients to make our meal.

"Why are we having a picnic?" I asked as Liam got busy making sandwiches.

"It's an apology for taking you out of class." He explained.

Well that's kind of sweet of him.

And at this point he needs to start thinking of ways to apologize to me other than just saying sorry. He's always apologizing.

"What can I help with?" I asked, suddenly feeling very useless as I watched him assemble sandwiches.

Liam nodded in the direction of the fridge, "You can pick out snacks and drinks to bring."

I complied and opened the fridge to see what caught my eye.

Holy crap, this is the most beautiful selection of food I've ever seen!

There's fruits, veggies, cheese, condiments, milk, juice, pop. Basically everything you want to see in a fridge, and lots of it.

He must come here a lot if he has this much food.

I decided on strawberries, two cans of Pepsi, and pre-cut watermelon.

I grabbed everything and placed them on the counter so Liam could look over what I picked.

"Good choices, there's a basket to put all this in by the front door if you wanna grab it." He said, flashing me a small smile before he went back to sandwich making.

I got the basket and put the snacks and drinks in while Liam put the sandwiches into containers.

Why does he even have a picnic basket? That's not a normal household item to have.

Maybe he's brought other girls out here to have "picnics".

"All set, lets go." Liam said, breaking my train of thought.

I silently followed him out of the cabin and through the woods.

"There's a clearing and pond not too far from here." Liam explained as we walked.

"Sounds peaceful." I mused, trying my hardest not to trip over a rock and fall on my face. That would be embarrassing.

Maybe a minute later we stepped into a small clearing with a pond, just like Liam said.

The grass was tall and bright green, and the pond was sparkling off to one side.

As I looked around a smile formed on my face, "This is beautiful."

I looked at Liam and he was already looking at me.

"Yeah, it is." He agreed.

My heart skipped a beat when Liam put down the basket and walked over to me until we were standing so close we were almost touching.

I tried to ask him what he was doing but the words were caught in my throat.

Liam looked into my eyes for any sign that I didn't want him that close, and a moment later he tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear.