Chapter Thirty-One

I need to find a way out of this place.

After the unfamiliar guys kidnapped me we drove for at least an hour before the car stopped and they transported me and Jenny into a warehouse similar to the one Liam took me to months ago when his car got shot at.

Jenny was easy for them to move since she was fast asleep. I don't even want to know what they did to make her sleep like that. But I didn't go without a fight. It took both of them to get my kicking and screaming body through the front door.

Once inside they quickly tied me up to a chair, the ropes tight and itchy against my wrists and ankles, and then they left me alone. Only Jenny, now also tied to a chair, was left with me.

At first I hoped she'd wake up just so I wasn't scared alone, but then I realized how selfish that was. It's better if she stays asleep, the poor girl doesn't need to experience this.

As time ticked on I carefully studied my surroundings. Grey cement floors, regular white walls, no windows which meant I was in a room that wasn't connected to the outside, and I wouldn't be able to tell if it was day or night if I was here long enough.

An ugly floral printed couch was pushed up against the back wall, and that was the only thing in here other than the chairs, Jenny, and me. This room was meant for holding people hostage.

Even if I somehow got out of this room I still had to make it to the front door or a window, and since I was flailing when they brought me in here, I didn't look around to see where the exits were. How could I be so stupid?

A loud bang from somewhere outside the room made me jump, and at first I was hopeful that Liam had come to rescue us, but the longer I waited without anyone coming through the door, the more doubtful I got.

Surely Liam would be at least looking for Jenny. Even if he didn't realize I was missing, he'd still find me just by finding his sister. I guess whoever took me did me a favour by taking Jenny too.

Dad was out of town so he wouldn't notice my absence. Steph might notice but I could see her writing it off as me being with Liam instead of going to school. She's too busy planning her revenge on Lisa to check if I was actually with Liam.

But since these people did take Jenny they must be the rival gang. Taking both Liam's little sister and his girlfriend was a planned attack against him.

But what could they possibly get out of taking us? What does Liam have that they want so badly?

I tried my best to come up with any possibility that would make this situation make sense, but by the time someone came back into the room, a couple hours later, I still didn't have any logical explanation.

"What do you want, why are we here?" I asked when the big guy that kidnapped me came walking back into the room.

He scoffed and rolled his eyes, obviously annoyed with my questions.

"Why are you doing this?" I persisted, my voice strong and demanding even though I was shaking in fear on the inside.

"I'm just following orders." He finally grumbled, giving me his meanies glare that told me I better be quiet.

I ignored his stare and tried a different tactic to get out of this mess.

I dropped my brave facade and begged him to let us go, "Please if you just let us go I won't say anything to the police. You haven't hurt me, I have no reason to turn you in if you just let us go."

"I can't do that." He stated, lowering himself onto the ugly couch as he checked his watch.

"Damn kid is never on time." He mumbled under his breath, but I still caught what he said.