Chapter Six

After the events of yesterday I did a lot of thinking.

Although I want to win the three kisses challenge, I don't think it's worth getting caught up in stuff that could ruin my life.

I need to actually stay away from Liam. I know I've thought about it before but I'm actually going to go through with it now. I don't want to get involved with drugs, alcohol, or whatever other illegal things he does.

I didn't realize until last night, just how different I am from him. I don't skip school, I get good grades, I've never broken the law.

He's the total opposite and that's dangerous for me.

I'm going to stay away from him. I have to.

"Earth to Emma." Steph called, snapping her fingers in front of my face to bring me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry, I just have a lot on my mind. What were you saying?" I apologized, taking a bite out of my turkey sandwich after I spoke.

"I was just talking about how crappy this cafeteria salad is." Steph explained, grimacing at the food in front of her.

I looked around the cafeteria at everyone else eating their lunch, I didn't see anyone but Steph with a salad.

"I think everyone except for you knows just how bad the salad is." I teased, passing her half of my sandwich.

"Thanks." She muttered through a mouth full of food.

Very attractive Steph.

"I hope Lisa feels better soon, it feels like somethings missing without her here." I said.

This morning we both got a text from Lisa saying she wasn't going to be at school because she has strep throat.

Steph nodded in agreement, "Our poor girl."

Just as I stuffed the last bite of sandwich in my mouth, the bell rang, so we quickly packed up and went our separate ways.

Lucky for me I made it to class with time to spare so I got to pick whichever seat I wanted.

I decided to sit in the front row, Liam would never be caught dead up here so I won't have to worry about him bugging me.

I already made it through our first class together without talking to him, seeing as he skipped. Hopefully I can dodge him again.

Unfortunately for me, luck wasn't on my side today because right before the bell rang Liam stepped through the door. But he chose to sit at the seat in the back instead of the only other empty seat, beside me, so I kind of dodged him after all.

I stifled a triumphant smile when the teacher began speaking because I didn't have anyone beside me to distract me from the lesson.

Before today I had no idea what we were even learning in this class, Liam was either talking to me or on my mind enough to distract me. But not anymore.

Class passed in a blur of notes and boring educational videos, and when the bell rang I packed up my things as quickly as possible so I could get out of there.

This class sucks!

I just got into the hallway when someone grabbed my hand and spun me around.

"Are you avoiding me?" Liam asked, still holding onto my hand.

"Look Liam, we're not friends and I don't want to be your friend. I'm not going to get sucked into your world of drugs and hookers or whatever." I told him, pulling my hand away.

I decided to be blunt instead of beating around the bush so I could get my point across. What I said might be hurtful but it's not my job to care about hurting his feelings, I have to put myself first.