Chapter Four

As I walked down the all too familiar hallway that led to my first period class I thought about everything that happened at the football game on Friday.

Liam was drunk and high.

Liam tried to kiss me.

And then Liam beat up a guy over five hundred dollars, and when I tried to stop him, he pushed me to the ground.

Maybe I shouldn't go to any more football games. Or maybe I should just stay away from Liam.

During the weekend I tried my hardest to keep the events of Friday off my mind, but now that I was back at school I couldn't ignore it anymore. I had no idea what would happened when I saw Liam. Would he confront me about what happened? Would he pretend it never happened at all?

I shooed the thoughts away as I sat down at a desk and waited for class to start. There was no use going over possible scenarios, it just stressed me out more.

The chair beside me screeched against the floor as it was pulled out, but I didn't care to look up and see who sat down. Until the person spoke.

"Hey."

I turned my head and looked at the person beside me.

Liam.

Should I ignore him?

"Hi." I muttered back before I could stop myself. I guess I wasn't ignoring him.

"I'm sorry about Friday. All of it. I wasn't in the right frame of mind and I shouldn't have done what I did. And then you were just trying to stop the fight and I shoved you. I swear I didn't know it was you. I'm so sorry." He rambled, running a hand through his hair as he spoke.

I gave him a small smile, "It seems like you're always apologizing."

He looked down at his desk in shame and I immediately felt bad. I didn't mean to make him feel guilty, I was just trying to lighten the mood with a joke.

"I accept your apology." I quickly said, hoping that the sad look on his face would go away.

He gave me a small smile in return as class started.

Wait a second. He wasn't in this class.

"What are you doing in here? You're not even in this class." I whispered to him as the teacher started his lesson.

"Just because you haven't seen me in this class, doesn't mean I'm not in it." He countered, giving me a playful wink.

Right, he probably skipped classes all the time.

"Oh." Was all I said. I couldn't come up with anything better.

I heard him chuckle and then we focused on the teacher.

Why did he decide to come to class today if he skipped it the whole first week? And why did he skip in the first place? School wasn't that bad.

We didn't speak for the rest of class, and to my surprise it looked like Liam was actually paying attention. I saw him taking notes and everything.

After class we went our separate ways, me walking alone, and Liam with a couple of his friends.

"Hey, you look cute." Lisa complemented me when I plopped down beside her in our second period class.

"Thanks, so do you." I replied, fiddling with the bottom of my shirt. I was wearing a white t-shirt and jeans. It wasn't anything fashionable, but it was an upgrade from my baggy hoodies.

While I looked casual, Lisa was a little more dressed up in a tight long sleeve shirt and jean skirt. She looked amazing as always. I felt so average when I was around her and Steph, but they were always complimenting me which made me feel pretty in my own way.