Chapter 1- "Betrayed"

*Third person's pnt. Of view*

Splash!

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty!" Came Clarissa's voice, as Adelina gasped in surprise and discomfort, while the cold water trickled down her sore body.

Adelina tried to catch her breath, but not in enough time, for the second bucket of ice cold water to come into harsh contact with her sensitive skin.

"Are you awake now?" Laughed Clarissa, while Adelina coughed out the water that entered her lips.

She greedily tried to gasp in a gulp of air, but her lungs were exhausted from the quick air intake, and so she coughed violently, causing her body to shake, and for the restraining ropes to cruelly bite into her skin.

Once she managed to calm down her breathing, she finally looked up into the eyes of her oppressor, the one she once considered a sister, Clarissa.

Since the night she was captured, betrayed by her friend Kat, Clarissa has taken advantage of Adelina's vulnerability, and has tortured her nonstop.

Adelina found herself center stage of the blame game, while Clarissa, Wanda, and Wilma took turns to torment her mentally, physically, and emotionally.

When it all began, she spent her time counting how many days she was being held captive and in pain. She held on to hope that she would be rescued, and justice would be in her favor, but eventually, she started to lose hope, and she stopped counting.

She has been trying to get in contact with Demitrey, however, she couldn't seem to mind link anyone, which only meant that they were no longer in Georgia.

She was running on her last string of hope, and she could only pray that she was saved on time.

"Hey! Hey!" Said Clarissa, as she snapped her fingers near her face, "you don't get to zone out, unless of course you want another bucket of water to drink. Now you already know the deal, are you going to eat today or not?"
"You already know the deal, of course I won't eat, but you can take that plate of goop and shove it up your arse." Replied Adelina, not even sure why she constantly fights.

Clarissa's smile fell, and in seconds, her hand came into harsh contact with Adelina's already bruised cheek.

Adelina head swung harshly, and she kept it turned for a second.

Adelina drew in a deep breath, and closed her eyes, a pounding headache drumming in her temples.

She then rounded the blood red saliva that trickled into her mouth, then she spit out out.

Once she had gotten rid of the unwanted metallic taste in her mouth, she once again faced Clarissa.

"If that's all you came to do, the door is right behind you. Don't let it hit you where the Lord split you." Voiced Adelina, and like the routine, Clarissa picked up the plate of moldy food, and left Adelina to the isolation of her quiet cell, and her blaring mind.

She couldn't help it when she found her mind going back to that day at the buffet, when she was betrayed by Kat.

*Flashback*

I was nearing the last stall when, I heard Cilia call behind me, "Adelina."
"Yeah?" I said, preoccupied with checking out the stalls.
"Adelina." Said Cilia a bit more urgent.
"What?" I said turning around, and instantly froze.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

I couldn't breathe, nor could I move.

"No." I finally mustered to breathe out, paralysed by the sight in front of me.
"Hello Adelina." Said Clarissa with a smile, as she stood behind Cilia, holding a knife to her throat.