Chapter 17- "Final Countdown" -part 2

Adelina paused for a second, then she opened her mouth and said "I...'

*Adelina's pnt. Of view*

"I- I'm afraid, no, matter of fact, I'm terrified Selene." I admitted.
"For what?" Asked Selene.
"Of what I might become if I kill her. I mean I just killed a wolf without flinching. Who knows, his family is probably waiting for him to come home." I responded.
"Who? Him?" Said Selene as she pointed her finger at the dead wolf disguised in my clothing, then she belted out into laughter, I went to shush her but then I realized that no one else could see her unless she allowed them to.
"He has about 20 plus children, and none of them with the same mother. He was a woman beater, and a complete bastard. His children don't even know he exist. I'm not saying death is what he deserved, but cheer up, he won't be missed." Explained Selene.
"Oh..." I said just shaking my head dumbfounded, but then I shook my head and continued "nevertheless, his life wasn't mine to take, nor is anyone else's."
"Look" said Selene shaking her head, "you don't have to do anything you don't want to, but I just want you to be sure that when the time comes, you won't hesitate to make the necessary decisions. Just think about that." Said Selene, then in the blink of an eye, she was gone.

*Third Person's pnt. Of view*

Adelina sighed and leaned her head against the back window.

Selene was right. She had to be ready when the time comes, the only problem was that she had no other options but to kill Clarissa, nothing else will stop her, and as far as Adelina could tell, Clarissa was hell bent on ending her life, Adelina just had to get there first.

She'd have to suck it up. But the fact that she was now killing without flinching terrified her.

What if she became a monster? What if she couldn't be stopped from killing others? What if she didn't want to be stopped?

Her eyes widened, as she shuddered at the thought and tried to clear her head, but it was hard, especially when  everything kept pointing back to the same result.

Kill Clarissa.

*Selene's pnt. Of view*

As I looked down at Adelina from afar, I could feel the turmoil that went on inside of her. I could hear the different thoughts that ran through her mind, and I could witness the battle that was taking place between her heart and her mind.

I smiled.

She had the heart of a queen, the mind of a leader, and the courage and humility of a princess , the perfect ingredients to becoming a Luna.

For someone to admit that they are afraid takes a lot of courage, and humility, and I was proud of her for admitting it out loud.

She may have not noticed, but the minute she knew Demitrey was her mate, she embarked on her journey to become Luna.

She is as naïve as a kitten, but that is somehow one of her biggest flaws, yet one her best qualities.

I've watched her from the moment she was born, throughout all her ups and downs, what her sisters put her through, to the traumatic events of her father, and even the treatment she received from her mate, she pulled through.

She's a fighter. She's stubborn.

The perfect match for a broken alpha.

At my thoughts, Demitrey came in my view.

He was walking around the pack ground making sure everything and everyone was in place for the upcoming war.

He had announced to the pack that their Luna is okay, and that she's on her way home.