Chapter 8- "The Journey"

After my laughter finally died down, I looked over at Selene and said " you're just joking right?"
And she was so serious when she replied and said "No."

Well shoot... I'm screwed.

*Adelina's pnt. Of view*

"Selene, you can't possibly be serious right now. I mean, Aden can't be in charge of my conscious mind and body, she's a wolf, she will work on instinct, not logically, and that could cause a lot of problems." I tried to reason.

Selene opened her mouth to say something, but then she paused.

She placed her hand on her chin, her facial features contorted into that of a pensive mask, then she shook her head and said "you do have a point. Okay, I got it. You will go on your journey, however that's when you are asleep. Throughout the day, you will be awake, and in charge of your of your body and mind, but at night, while your body rests, you will be on your journey." Explained Selene.
"Okay, so why don't we forget about the journey, and just move on with our lives?" I tried my luck.
"Don't push it." Warned Selene.
"Okay, okay, it was worth a try. Anyway, can I wake up now?" I questioned eagerly.
"No, not yet. We need Aden to get you out of the hospital." Said Selene.
"I can get out of the hospital." I volunteered.
"Can you heal yourself in seconds too? No you cannot, so Aden has to take charge, heal your wounds and ribs quickly and get you out of the hospital. Once you're out then, you can be back in charge." Scolded Selene.
"You know what? I'm just going to ignore the shade you just threw a few minutes ago. But tell me one thing, what is this journey all about? Like what happens on this journey?" I asked in sincere curiosity.
"This journey is all about discovering who you are, how strong you truly are, and you get to discover the reason why I chose you as a Luna. I could sit here and tell you the reason why all day long, but you would never truly believe me until you see, and live the reason for yourself. This journey also allows you to face your fears and biggest disappointments, your memories." Explained Selene.
"My memories? I'm not afraid of my memories." I defended myself.
"Oh but you are. Tell me, if you weren't afraid, or if you weren't trying to protect your heart, mind, and soul, why would you need to lock away all those negative feelings, emotions, and moments. In fact, why would anyone lock away parts of their lives if they weren't afraid or hesitant to come to terms with or better yet face those locked away moments? So you see, sometimes it's not even fear, at times it's disappointment, or the negative effect those tiny fragments of our lives have on us. Throughout my centuries of being a goddess, I've encountered Lunas who were so closed up that it had to take major measures to help them open up, and let go of the reasons why they were closed off. Some Lunas were close to committing suicide, while others couldn't build the courage to look at their reflections in the mirror, those claimed to despise what they saw staring back at them." Said Selene.
"Wow." Was all I could honestly say.

I was speechless.

"So Adelina, don't take this journey as a punishment, or something to torture you. I'm not saying it's going to be easy, nor is it going to be a short journey. This journey will be as long as it was meant to be, you cannot rush through it because then, you're not actually facing your fears, you're just giving a quick glance, then you're moving on. This journey could take years, or a lifetime. We're all on our personal journeys you know. Even me." Admitted Selene.
"So what hideous memories do you have to face?" I questioned.
"None. Not all journeys relate Adelina. Just like no one's DNA are alike, no one's journey are alike, but I will tell you what's similar about these journeys, you tend to come across some pretty interesting factors, like I came across Trey and Aden." Answered Selene.
"I see." I nodded my head, then took a deep breath as I looked over at the lake in my calm place. 

The view was so peaceful, the effect was calming.

For once I actually felt safe, and calm.

"Its beautiful isn't it." Said a deep velvety voice on my right.
"Yeah," I sighed, "it's ama-" wait a second.

A slight anxious breath escaped my lips, I had to blink a few times, before I built the courage to turn my head and look over to my right.

There, sitting comfortably with a smile on his face was Edwin.

"Edwin?" I whispered, unable to fully comprehend what was taking place.
He looked over at me, and gave me his signature smile as he said "Hey little sis."

I sighed in shock, and gasped in breath of air.

I blinked my eyes in a quick motion just to make sure that the picture in front of me was real.

"Please tell me that this is not a joke." I found myself pleading, tears suddenly running down my cheeks.
"This is not a joke." Said Edwin.
"What's the one nickname you called me that no one knew about?" I questioned quizzically, still in a state of shock.
"Addy-pear." Admitted Edwin with a chuckle.

And short sob of relief slipped from my lips as I jumped in his arms.

He collapsed to the ground while I held tightly onto him.

Before I knew it, I shattered in his arms. I sobbed as tears blinded my view.

His hands wrapped tightly around me, as he held me close.

I tucked my head in the crook of his neck just to keep him close, afraid that if I didn't hold him close enough I would lose him again.

At some point I found myself whispering over and over "I'm sorry Edwin, I am so sorry." And all I'd receive in return is his hand caressing my hair as he soothed me and said "shh, it's okay, Aden, it's okay."

We stayed embraced in each other's arms for God knows how long.

I still couldn't believe that he was here, so when he finally pulled away, and my tears finally dried up, I chuckled in an embarrassed manner, then it finally clicked, so I found myself asking "How are you here ?"
"You allowed me to be here, holding on to that last memory of me, and blaming yourself for it caused for you to shut me out. You shut out all the wonderful moments we spent together. You didn't think of when we used to laugh, nor did you allow yourself to move on from what took place. But, the truth is, you did nothing wrong, and if I had to do it a thousand times again, I would." Answered Edwin, his eyes never leaving mine.

I smiled as another tear escaped me.

I felt an air of relief blow over me, I opened my eyes and asked, "what was that you said right before you died?"
"Stay strong Addy-pear, I will always love you." He quoted his words.

A sob broke from my lips, mixed in with a relieved giggle.

I closed my eyes once more, tears of sudden joy and a light heart swam their way down my cheeks, while a sense of peace started to run from my head to my toes.

I felt a sudden warm breeze envelope me, and seconds later his presence was gone.

I looked up to the sky with teary eyes and a bright smile as I whispered "thank you. And I will always love. Thank you."

______________________________________

Hey guys!

Sooo, here is the update!

A little short, but I thought an explanation from Selene, and a heartwarming visit from her deceased brother would be a bit of a relief for you guys.

Anyway, what did you guys think of this chapter? What do you think of Selene's decision, and what do you think of what she said about journeys?

And who is happy that she finally got to know what Edwin said, and she was finally at peace with her brother's death?

Also, do you agree with Selene about the whole fear of memories, or certain moments of our lives?

Let me know what you think by VOTING, COMMENTING, AND SHARING!

Lots of ❤❤❤

-Tania.