Chapter 2- "The moon Goddess"

Since she has been knocked out, she hasn't been able to contact Aden, and she most definitely hasn't been able to mind link Demitrey.

She was afraid to admit it, but for the first time in a while, she felt alone.

"Need company dear?" Came a voice from behind her.

And her heart stopped.

*Adelina's pnt. Of view*

"Selene?" I questioned, my body too sore and drained to move.
"Yes, of course." She said, then she walked around me, and stood facing me.
"How are you dear?" She questioned, her hands closed formally  in front of her.

I took a second to really stare at her, like my eyes were just trained on hers, while she look down at me with that motherly concerned look.

"Are you serious?" Was all my brain could muster up.
"Yes." She replied bluntly.
"Oh... Wow." I sighed, this wasn't happening right now.

I mean, I know she sees me strapped to a chair, my body bruised in various places, and I haven't eaten since I've been captured, so how can she possibly ask me how am I?

"I mean of course I see in your physical state you're not all there, but I meant mentally and emotionally. I know that this whole ordeal has been an entire obstacle for you." Explained Selene.
"Well, mentally, I think I'm still sane, but emotionally, I don't even know where I'm at." Was my honest reply.
"So why don't you do something about it?" Asked Selene.
"Like what exactly? Escape? Yeah, been there, done that." I grunted.

This was irritating.

I felt absolutely helpless.

"So I'm guessing you already knew that this was going to happen huh." I stated.
"Well yes, it is part of your destiny." Confirmed Selene then she questioned "what is the first thing James taught you when it came to survival and defense?"
"Um, that we need to get to know our surroundings." I answered.
"And how did he suggest you do that?" Asked Selene.
"By immobilizing our strongest sense. Sight." I replied positive, and suddenly very optimistic.
"Good, then that's what you will do. Close your eyes, and get to know your surroundings, and once you're comfortable with your surrounding, channel your mind further, until you can fully map out this place in your mind." Guided Selene, as her voice became quite distant.
"Than you Se-"
"Who are you talking to?" Questioned a voice outside of my cell.
"The moon Goddess." I replied proudly.
"Ha! Yeah right. Just admit it you're going insane." Chuckled Clarissa, as she opened the door, and made her way to my cell.
"Why don't you believe me?" I asked, an eyebrow raised.
"Because the moon goddess doesn't exist. That's like you saying I believe in fairies." Mocked Clarissa.
"And that's like you saying you don't believe in werewolves, which makes sense, since you don't even believe in yourself." I retorted, my turn to smirk.

She made her way towards me, and I instantly braced myself, but then she held herself back and said "no, it's not my day today. Its actually Wilma's turn to torture you, but I'll just keep count of these moments, and the next time I get to hurt you, yo-"
"You won't be able to do anymore damage than what you've already done, so save your breath will you? And I need to go back to my peaceful silence, so if you will, get out." I demanded, my eyes holding her gaze.

We stared each other down, neither of us blinking, then just like that, Clarissa scoffed, and left my cell.

The minute she was feet away I heard Selene say "And you wonder why I don't appear to some people."
"What do you mean appear?" I asked.
"Well sweetie I'm not really here. Don't forget your wolves conjured me, and what you see as my physical form is what you imagined me to look like, talk like, and be like." Explained Selene.
"Oh... I was wondering why you've yet to help me get out of my restraints." I voiced my sarcastic thoughts.
"Well that's because the restraints are not for me to get rid of. They're yours. I mean you're a werewolf, a few measly ropes in fancy knots can't actually hold you back. You're holding yourself back as well." Commented Selene, as she started pacing in the most graceful manner.
"How am I holding myself back? Did you not see the first day I spent here?  I had ropes painfully digging into my skin, I was bleeding, just in the effort to get out of the ropes." I protested.
"Yes, but were you really trying to get out? Or was that just fear kicking in, and it instantly became fight or flight? See this is what I'm trying to tell you. You can't get out of your restraints until you will yourself to. Not driven by emotion, but by will. Same as No one can actually move past their conflicting emotional restraints because they're not willing themselves to let it go, to look forward to a bright future, to free themselves from the clutches of a painful past." Declared Selene passionately.

I sighed, why did older personalities have to be so wise? And why did they always speak in puzzles?

"Selene, as poetic as that was, it still doesn't tell me what I'm supposed to do. Can you at least tell me what to do? Or heck give me a clue, a parable, anything for heaven's sake." I whined, tired.
"Adelina was I here to tell you how to fend off your father? Was I here to tell you how to take care of yourself when no one else looked out for you? Was I here to motivate you to come out swinging and fighting everyday? Was I the one who told you to fight?" Questioned Selene, sounding sort of frustrated.
"Well, no." I answered honestly.
"Exactly, all of those came from you, from deep within your heart. So why would I give you the easy way out of this dilemma? When this is a test that you alone must pass. Do you think that I really made a mistake by writing Luna in your fate?" Asked Selene in such a spirited manner.
"Well I-"
"Do you think I've ever made a mistake? Especially when it came to choosing my leaders?" Questioned Selene.
"Well, you did choose my pervert of a father, and my drunk of a mother to be leaders." I commented.
"No, I chose them to be the bearers of a leader. Adelina, life is not easy, nor is it fair. Most people seem to think leaders must be elites and the wealthy. But a true leader knows that a good life is not handed to you on a silver platter. To be a leader you must learn to fight, survive, and defend. You must also be able to relate to one and to all, and you must always be humble. I chose you to be a Luna, because I saw your heart, and your intentions. You're strong, and you will get out of this. You just have to channel your inner queen, and your instincts." Declared Selene, and just like that, I no longer felt her presence.

I sighed.

Why did she always do this? Always prepping me, and telling me that I'm meant to be a leader, yet she can't even give me a clue of how to get out of here.

All she said was to channel my inner queen and instincts...but how am I supposed to do that?

Then it felt as though a lightbulb clicked.

Of course!

Channel my inner instincts, my inner senses.

I took a deep breath and I closed my eyes, my other senses instantly growing stronger.

I could hear the chatter of a cockroaches feet, and I could hear the soft howl of the wind coming from the small hole right outside of my cell.

I suddenly felt something drip on my knee, and I instantly lost focus.

I opened my eyes, and noticed a few specks of blood.

Wait a second, am I bleeding?

I couldn't see any wounds on my upper body, so I swiped my chin and nose on my right shoulder, and there I noticed more blood, my nose was bleeding.

Huh, maybe I channeled my inner instincts little to hard, or too much.

"No, it's just me." Came Aden's voice in my head, startling me.
"Aden?! Seriously? First you disappear, then you come back and bring me a nosebleed as a gift?"
"Calm down will you? You're in a special type of cell that blocks you from using the pack link. Since I was gone in effort to contact Trey, I was blocked out. I've been trying to get back into your mind for days." Revealed Aden.
"Say whaaa?" I questioned.

______________________________________

Hey guys!

Omg 1K+ reads already!

You guys are on a roll, but so, the cliffhangers begin!

What did you guys think of this chapter? What do you think about what Selene said? Do you agree with her?

Let me know what you think by VOTING, COMMENTING, AND SHARING!

Lots of ❤❤❤

-Tania