29-"The Jagged Scar"

Demitrey goraned, and fisted the soft sheets below him, as Adelina's eyes widened as his size expanded, and she found herself licking her lips again.

Then, she wrapped her hands around him once more, leaned in, and opened her mouth.

*Third Person's pnt. Of view*

Adelina laid her head on Demitrey's chest, as Aden continuously whined in her head "Adelina please, ask him."
"Okay, okay, hold on." Replied Adelina.

Adelina cleared her throat as she said "baby?"
"Hmm." Mumbled Demitrey with his eyes closed, as his index finger played circled on Adelina's back, causing a constant warmth to grow over her body.
"I think we should let our wolves have a moment of their own too. With Aden constantly whining in my head, I feel like we're being a little selfish." Spoke Adelina, as she smiled at the sensation of Demitrey's soft caress.
"I know, I was thinking about that too." Replied Demitrey, as Adelina's smile widened, from the feeling of Demitrey's chest rumbling with every spoken word.
"But they have to do it in the forest, because in wolf form, they will tear the castle down. However they're going to have to wait because the forest is not safe with Darrell's pack hanging around." Explained Demitrey.
"True. So what is going to happen between you and Darrell anyway?" Ask Adelina, as the topic came about.

Demitrey sighed and rubbed his fingers over his eyes as he said "ah, I don't know. I guess I'll just try to find a way for Darrell and I to come to some sort of agreement as far as Aunty Diana, and everything that is involved."
"What if he wants inheritance from your father's side?" Wondered Adelina, as her own fingers began to run over his chest softly.

Demitrey suddenly chuckled darkly "Well, if it's for that matter, Darrell can move right along. My father didn't  leave anything, in fact, the last gift he got me was a very well drawn out scar." He explained in disgust.

At his words, Adelina found her mind wandering towards the single jagged scar that sat on his side, apart from the ones on his back.

Adelina felt a push of courage, and she  found herself quietly asking "What happened?" But she received no reply.

Demitrey drew in a deep breath, and yet said nothing, his silence suddenly feeling cold, which in turn, caused Adelina to feel as though she had crossed a line, and so, shyly, Adelina spoke up and said "I'm sorry."

Adelina felt her heart breaking because she thought her and Demitrey were now connected on a much deeper and personal level, guess she must have mistaken.

She felt her heart sink, and she suddenly felt like crying.

She went to pull away, wanting to escape the awkward air, but then Demitrey wrapped his arm around her, and pulled her back to his chest.

He leaned down and kissed her head, and finally spoke up "Adelina, baby the story you are asking to hear does not have a happy ending. It's dark, disgusting, it could easily provoke hatred, and once you know it, you may wish to forget, but it will haunt you forever. So unless you're sure, please don't ask about it, because I will tell you."

Adelina thought of what Demitrey said, his voice expressing the truth in his words, but whether it was a horrific story or just plain painful,  she had to know. No, she wanted to know.

So Adelina propped herself on her elbow, looked profoundly unto Demitrey's eyes, then kissed him softly, and as she pulled away, she looked into his eyes again and said "tell me."

Demitrey looked at the love of his life and smiled in wonder as his heart beat with happiness. She always found a way to surprise him, and he felt relieved that she wanted him to open up, because he had been waiting for someone to help him release the darkness within.