Chapter 23- "Clarissa's death" Part- 1

I waited until I heard the door click close before I exit the bathroom.

*Adelina's pnt. Of view*

I wore the outfit that Demitrey chose for me. It was a blue top with white lines, and blue jeans to go with it.

He didn't have bad taste.

We met up downstairs with Kade, Cilia, James, and aunty Diana.

She still hasn't spoken a word, and she seemed as pale as someone who had seen a ghost. 

Silently we trailed the track back to the forest, and of course once we reached the clearing we found Darrell and his group waiting for us.

At his side he had Raoul, Gavin, the girl who kicked me, and another one of his warriors.

"Where is Clarissa? I thought you were going to bring her so we could lock her up in our dungeon?" I asked, curious.
"She killed a member of my pack, she's mine to deal with." Replied Darrell.
"Okay, are you sure that she is being guarded well? Because don't put it past her, that girl is very cunning. If she escapes-"
"She' not going to escape. Anyway, let's get this on shall we?" He asked, and beckoned with his arm that we lead the way.

Everyone stood still for a minute, just staring down the opposing team.

Then, slowly, we each started to move away, except for two people, James and the girl I've yet to learn her name.

"Anila, let's go."
"James." Demitrey called out, and both heads turned to acknowledge their alphas.

Then they looked back at each other, and it seemed that they were ready to take a step towards each other when Darrell called out again "Anila!"
"Oh for God's sake leave them alone." I exclaimed.
"You two of both people should know that nothing would keep you from your mates. If they've found each other, why are you trying to keep them apart?" I said, and looked between the two alphas.

Darrell opened his mouth to say something and James spoke up and said "you better think clearly of what you're gonna say next."
"Is that supposed to be a threat?" Spoke Gavin as he took a step towards James, "I don't know, take it as you want." Replied James, as he stepped up to Gavin.

"Guys! How long have you known me?" Spoke up Anila finally, then she turned and looked at James with a lool of disgust as she said "If you think I'm gonna go for a dog like him" she pointed a finger at James," that is just insulting. " She added with a scoff,  and I wanted to slap the daylights out of her.

The look that crossed James face was devastating.

Then it was replaced with the coldest mask I've only seen Demitrey pull off.

It was heart wrenching, and scary.

James and I had become close friends, and I hated to see him like this.

Before I could get a chance Cilia got in her face and said "you better watch that slick mouth of yours. You're lucky to have even gotten James for a mate, you better think clearly before you do something you'll regret forever."
Anila rolled her eyes and prepped to say something when Kade spoke up and warned "she's right, just so you know, he left his last mate to bleed to death because she betrayed and hurt him, don't test the waters." That caught Anila's attention, because in a second all the blood rushed from her face, and when she looked over at James, he gave her such a dark look, that would give her nightmares. 

She went to say something, and he walked away from where she stood.

Serves her right.

Theo opened his mouth to say something and I stopped him and said "Theo drop it. Anila I don't care who you are, or how important you think you are, you need to learn to be humble and give people chances, if you didn't want a mate, you should have told the moon goddess. Now if you would all stop this banter, I'd like to get to the castle and settle this matter. Any objections?" I asked, and when no one replied I said "Good, now let's go."