Chapter 12- "The overthinker, and The Idiot"

Dave slowly peeled her chipped manicured fingers from around his arm, and with a dramatic gasp, she snacked him with her notebook and walked away causing a new wave of laughter to grow out of us.

*Adelina's put. Of view*

After the entire laughing ordeal died down at the cafe, we had our dinner, when a new waitress took our orders.

We ate in silence, each of us keeping to ourselves, trapped in our personal thoughts. I don't know what Dave's thoughts consisted of, but me I found myself thinking about Demitrey.

What was life going to be after I go back?

We were at a point where I was indecisive about whether I would stay with him and the pack, forgive him, give him a second chance and move on. Or after everything, should I just give up the dream of the perfect mate life, and go away as far as I could, just to leave my messed up past behind.

Which choice would get me a happy ending?

Heck does a happy ending even exist?

It was all just so much to juggle and swallow.

A part of me wanted for Demitrey to just take me, and make me his in every way.

Claim me, and make it know that I belonged to him, and only him.

A part of me wanted to love him. Look past his flaws, and show him what it meant to be loved. Or at least, take the path of love, and see what being truly loved meant.

Yet there's that other half of me that just wants me to drop it all and forget it. That part of me wants me to selfish, to be independent, be as personal as I can be, and keep everything to myself.

That part of me is also the coward part of me. I'm afraid to face my true feelings towards Demitrey, how I feel about him, how I feel about being with him, and leading a pack with him. That coward side of me is afraid.

I'm afraid.

Afraid of what I could find if I faced my feelings. If I took a deep breath and just admit out loud 'YES! I'M IN LOVE WITH DEMITREY JACKSON!' I'm afraid of what the reaction might be.

The closest thing to an intimate relationship I've had, is that with Peter, but obviously, a friendship to me was more like a romantic relationship to Peter.

I've never been in a relationship. Being with Demitrey was intense. I felt things that I never used to feel.

My heart beating at the speed of light before seeing him. Me stuttering and making a fool of myself every time he was around. Me swooning every time he smiled, and my constant thoughts of him were all alien to me.

If I gave in to all that? What would I find? Would it be as perfect as I expected? Would it be flawless and just pure romance? Or would I do something stupid and mess it all up?

And by the time I got back, would he still be interested in me? Or maybe he's found another Serena, and he would no longer want me.

It was thoughts like these that also made me hesitate. All the ifs and possibilities and the factors that could play in this ordeal and leave me brokenhearted.

I couldn't bare to think of it.

It was official, I've fallen in love with my alpha mate.

"Are you ready to go?" Said Dave as he stood up.
I shook my head to clear my thoughts, then I spoke up and said "Yeah."

We drove on for countless of hours, crossing counties and cities.

We finally stopped a few miles away from the border between Canada and New York, where we pulled over at a small motel and Dave got us a room, with two beds.

When we reached the room, I ran straight for the shower.

I brushed my teeth three times, then scrubbed my skin until I was red all over, feeling totally disgusted with myself.

For some reason I felt as though I cheated Demitrey. I kissed another guy.

At some point anger filled me and I dropped down and broke out into sobs.

I overcomplicate everything in my mind. I overexaggerate a lot, but I can't help it.

You can't help but imagine the various outcomes of certain situations, and when feelings are involved, it's ten times worse.

I needed help.

*Demitrey's pnt. Of view*

The war has not let up, in fact, it feels as though more than one pack has banded together to defeat us, but that's where they were wrong.

My men were trained for this, and our pack worked like a well oiled machine.

Everyone doing their part, the nurses that Aunty D trained were all doing their best, the men that were wounded were all patched up and ready to fight the next night.

The women in charge of cooking were all also doing their best, making sure we had foods that helps us rebuild our strength.

It was midday nearing sunset and everyone was trying to catch their breath, and prepare for the next round.

I took a stroll up to the famous cliff, I sat there just thinking about Adelina. She was the only one in my mind, and nothing else could deter me from the thoughts of her.

I was in love with her. I missed her, and I wanted her.

These feelings were so deep and raw that it had the power to control my mind.

I felt a warm presence next to me, and before she spoke, I already knew who it was.

"She needs you, you know. And even when she acts like she's independent, and she didn't need your love, she needs it, and wants it. I know Adelina, and when she comes back, you need to be there for her." Said Selene.
I chuckled and shook my head as I said "of course I'll take care of her. She's my mate." Sometimes Selene said some crazy things.
"Yes, she is. But she's also human mixed with wolf. Demitrey don't be the idiot you were when she first arrived. Be open with her, and don't hide anything from her."
"Huh? What are yo-" I turned to ask for an explanation, but like she always does, she disappeared in thin air.

I took a deep breath and shook my head.

"Alpha! It's almost time for their usual attack. We have to go." Said Kade as he called me over.

I took a deep breath and got to my feet.

As we walked back, Kade pat me on the shoulder as he said "how you doing bro?"
"How do you think? I've just had the conversation with the moon Goddess, and the last thing she said was to not be an idiot, and be open with Adelina
Like what the heck does that mean?" I said seriusouly confused.
"Well, I'm not all up in your relationship, but when Serena was here you were a bit of a jerk, even if it was all a cover up. I think Selene is saying that you shouldn't hide how you truly feel about her. No more games, no more cat and mouse,  just admit to her how you really feel, and show it too." Replied Kade.
"I see." And just like that we fell quiet, and continued our way back to the pack, where out warriors were already set for battle.

______________________________________

Hey guys!

I know I'm late but... MERRY CHRISTMAS! 😁😁😁🎊🎊🎊👏👏👏🎁🎁🎁🎉🎉🎉🎈🎈🎈🎆🎆🎆🎇🎇✨✨✨❄❄❄🌲🌲🌟🌟🌟

What did you guys get for Christmas? And how was your Christmas?

Here is the new chapter.

What do you think about what is going on in Adelina's mind? And do you agree with what Selene and Kade said about Demitrey?

Let me know what you think by VOTING, COMMENTING, AND SHARING!

Lots of ❤❤❤

-Tania.