30-"Dealing With Darrell"

Adelina sighed then kissed me as she asked "are you okay?"
I smiled and replied "with you by my side, always." And I kissed her again.

*Adelina's pnt. Of view*

After our talk, Demitrey and I finally decided to leave the room, and called for a meeting with Darrell and his council.

By the knowing looks on everyone's faces, I'm sure they knew what went down while Demitrey and I were missing in action, but no one commented on it.

We once again found ourselves in the office, Demitrey, Kade, Cilia, James, Aunty D and me, facing down Darrell, Gavin, Raoul, Anila, and a new chick, Aimee.

Darrell sat as though he owned the place, and I found myself rolling my eyes at his childish behavior.

"What is this about?" Darrell asked ever so arrogantly.
Demitrey drew in a breath, to keep himself calm, then he said "we need to come to some sort of agreement, but to do that, I need to know the reason why you're here. Besides the fact that Diana is your mother."
"Well, as we all know, dear old dad didn't live to see this day, and I'm sure since he sent me away, he left me nothing. All I want is for Diana to leave your pack, and come home with me." Stated Darrell, as he straightened his posture.
"What are you crazy? There's no way that's going to happen. Aunty Diana is a member of this pack, and she has been a loyal member from day one." Replied Demitrey, his tone matching his authoritative posture.
"Well I'm not sure that is your decision to make. Isn't that right mother?" Called out Darrell, as everyone turned to look at Aunty D.

Poor Diana looked ready to faint. She seemed shaken to the core, her face pale, her mouth slightly open, yet her lips failed to move and speak. She shook her head,  and turned away from the stares of everyone that stood in the room.

"Look cut the crap Darrell, Aunty Diana is not going anywhere. Plus we all know the minute she leaves the pack you will kill her." I finally spoke up, voicing what everyone else was thinking.
"What I choose to do with my mother is my business, you have no say in the matter. You're just a lucky brat who ended up getting sold to Demitrey. So please, keep your nose out of my business." In the blink of an eye, Demitrey jumped across the desk, and had his hand tightly around Darrell's neck.
"You take that back right this instant. Adelina is my love and Luna, and you will respect her. Do you understand me?" Spoke Demitrey darkly.

Darrell seemed to be taken by surprised, due to his wise eyes. He struggled to breathe, but he still managed a flimsy "loud and clear." And though he spoke, Demitrey still held his neck captive.
"Demitrey, let him go. He's not worth it. We have more important things to discuss. Let him go." I spoke up again, brushing off Darrell's words.

Now wasn't the time to get in my feelings about what someone as immature as Darrell thought of me.

He knew nothing.

Demitrey straightened himself up, released Darrell's neck, and backed away.

He drew in a deep breath, and looked down at his almost identical twin, "now, take your pack, leave my grounds, and never come back. Because if I even sense your pathetic presence anywhere near this area, I will haunt you down, and kill you myself."
"Like you killed our father?" Retorted Darrell, landing a low blow, but that remark didn't seem to bother Demitrey, but instead it darkened the aura around him as he said "no, see, I actually gave our dad a chance to live. You? You won't get the same option. Now get out!" Ordered Demitrey, his eyes blazing in anger.

I felt our mate bond tug at my heart, and I found myself laying my head against Demitrey's back, as I hugged him from behind, and I quickly felt him calm down.

Darrell scoffed at Demitrey's words and my actions, then stood up as he said "Well, it seems that we are no longer welcomed here. Let's go." He spoke, and started heading out.